23/24 - MD8: Sevilla FC at Barcelona

1 Like

Barça looking very beatable. First Celta and now Mallorca giving them a run for it.

They still have incredible skill and can play some really excepcional football but to me they also look too much to only play well on a sunny sunday afternoon if you get what I mean.

We gotta make it a thundering stormy Friday night and I believe we will make them struggle as well.

Frenkie their best player won’t be there, huge blow for them.

5 Likes

What are we thinking on lineup for this?

I’d go:

GK: Dmitrovic

RB: Jesus Navas
CB: Sergio Ramos
CB: Bade
LB: Pedrosa

CM: Sow
CM: Rakitic

RW: Ocampos
AM: Lamela
LW: Lukebakio

CF: YEN

Bench: Nyland, Flores, Juanlu, Kike Salas, Gattoni, Fernando, Jordan, Oliver Torres, Soumaré, Suso, Januzaj, Rafa Mir

5 Likes

I like it but he might go Nyland again, really a toss up if he’s the favourite now or just rotation, im leaning to think the former.

Also Fernando maybe, against Barça makes sense but is he fit enough in 72 hours, seems questionable. I was surprised he even finished the full almeria game after how it looked early.

For goalkeepers Jim, you think it’s better to keep rotating performance wise Or preplanned division for cup and league games. Or just choose one and give him faith even if a few bad games happen?

2 Likes

I know it’s only a three day respite and games are coming thick and fast but I hope to see our strongest possible starting 11. You’ve just got to against Barca.

I’m in agreement with your line up.

3 Likes

Acuña might be ready for this one according to Mendi’s presser. Oliver will miss out again.

2 Likes

This is a decent lineup, I’d go with this too.

3 Likes

A slight positive is that Barca is not playing in their usual home ground, Camp Nou. They will play until at least the end of 2024 in Montjuic - Lluis Companys Olympic stadium where Espanyol played from 1997 to 2009.

4 Likes

Acuña & Mariano make the squad, but Yen left out due to ankle injury.

4 Likes

YEN being out is a blow.

Maybe time to give Mariano a start as otherwise it’s Mir!

3 Likes

Barca have won four out of four in all competitions at home.

We’ve not beat them for eight years.

The odds are stacked against us but on our day we’re capable.

I’d take a point obviously.

4 Likes

Without YEN I would rather see Luke as our striker and have the two Argentines on the wings. But that’s mainly because I don’t like Rafa’s game, especially against an opponent that will most likely dominate possession, and giving Diaz a start against Barca after having just one small gig before and doing it poorly. Nah, just get the runners in and prey on that counter would be my go-to.

5 Likes

This but Rafa Mir in place of YEN.

1 Like

Mir starting against Barca would surely make for one of the worst decisions ever in coaching history.

Mendi needs to be creative for this one and either use the winger’s pace and agility, a combination of Lukebabio, Ocampos, Lamela or if he’s going to experiment then do it with Mariano instead, why not at that point?

2 Likes

Sevilla FC has decided that it will not have representation today in the box against FC Barcelona due to its indignation in the Negreira case.

4 Likes

Got your wish. :smiley:

6 Likes

Jordan, Nyland and Juanlu? I suppose Navas isn’t fully fit?
Don’t know about Jordan or Nyland

2 Likes

prffff that midfield

1 Like

It is my last game here in Sevilla. Our Spanish adventure has come to an end. We spent a year here to immerse the boys in Spanish schools and help the acquire the language. It has been hard, but it’s also been so good.

After finishing the Camino, I came back to our house here and La Algaba to clean it up and in a few days I will return to the US. The boys and my wife are already they’re starting “normal” American life.

We are living in Jacksonville, Florida near our two oldest kids are attending university there. In the end, we are so nomadic that we make anywhere feel like home. This is my second time living in Sevilla and it will always hold a special place in my heart. My wife and I have decided once all the kids are gone, off to university and living their own lives, we will be returning.

I hate to have it happen, Chris, can you change my location to Florida? And I promise not to be FloridaMan ;).

6 Likes

Let’s continue with the great momentum, and beat them!

Liking the line up, vamooos!

2 Likes