23/24 - MD6: Sevilla FC at Osasuna

Be interesting to see how the bang average Nyland does, given the makeshift defence in front of him. Given we are just above the relegation zone seems a bit odd to rest almost a whole team in a tough Away game.

2 Likes

Why are Soumare and Sow not playing? Midfielders arenā€™t supposed to be rotated like that. Sow should play in 99% of the matches, like he did in Frankfurt.

I canā€™t remember last time RM rotated Modric and Kroos when they were on their peak form.

Why is Fernando not playing? He surely isnā€™t super tired from that 1 match vs. Lens.

Why is Lamela not playing?

This is hilariousā€¦

4 Likes

If something works today it will only be a miracle and not because of things making sense football-wise.

3 Likes

Iā€™m a bit worried about that lineup. Letā€™s hope for the best. Vamos!

3 Likes

There are a ton of fixtures back to back until Oct 7thā€¦ Rotation was inevitable.

4 Likes

Yeah there are always those games where hopefully something at the start works and from there itā€™s easy riding. Boy do we need one of those, or this might be a roughy.

Thatā€™s about what we can do, hope and pray and cheerā€™em on.

Vamoooosss!

4 Likes

Any believers in Jordans 26th redemption arc attempt?

2 Likes

Soumare is like an untame horse for Mendi. Too wild and he canā€™t get through to him. Will be a while before we see him more, if more at allā€¦

3 Likes

Perhaps the away game helps us change our approach. Dodi & Lucas starting gives me hope in the counter. Still would have preferred any of those midfielders on the bench to start over Jordan, but here we are.

El Sadar might as well be another San Mames for us, so this is a hell of a test.

2 Likes

Super weird lineup but letā€™s just vamos and win this shit.

I donā€™t fully understand the disdain for Nyland. How many teams have clearly above average backup goalies? That almost, by definition, isnā€™t possible.

Agree with Chris, rotation was inevitable. And also agree that no soumare is getting frustrating.

Three points. Get them. Play with courage.

3 Likes

Salas at LB? That will be interesting ā€¦ guess you have to hope heā€™s better suited over there than at CB.

Still no Gattoni ā€¦ he must really suck lol.

Will be good to get a look at Lukebakio as a starter and Nyland in net.

Am I the only one that hates Gedelj playing CB and misses him at CDM?

Last second swap of Juanlu for Navas ā€¦ wonder what thatā€™s about.

1 Like

Nice long balls from bade

1 Like

A bit better pressure and possession now. Tho nothing actually dangerous up to now. Just probing

1 Like

Probably because weā€™ve typically been spoilt with two good goalkeepers (notice I didnā€™t say always!), and now weā€™ve gone from a solid 8.5 out of 10 pair in Dmi and Bono, to about a 5 in Dmi and Nyland.

1 Like

Yup. This seems right

1 Like

Juanlu w a few solid defensive plays.

2 Likes

Ref really letting them playā€¦

1 Like

Navas was listed as the starterā€¦ Anyone know why he didnā€™t make it?

1 Like

Put that on net Torres! Started with a nice pass from the back

2 Likes

Just found a place to watch the game. Ocampos missed that by about a foot. Nice job pulling it out of the air.

3 Likes