23/24 - MD5: Sevilla FC (1) vs Las Palmas (0)

1 Like

The rumours are during the break Mendi did visit the island and even found the edibles and is a big Mariano Díaz fan as well. So maybe we are in for a change back to 4-4-2 and it could be a step closer towards Ryan’s line up, we just need to see how hard everything hit him.

2 Likes

Wait, I’m so confused… :thinking:

Are these jokes or real rumors. Sorry, humor can be confusing in text form, so not sure if I caught you …

2 Likes

The island and the shrooms I would like to believe are metaphorical but then again we won’t know for sure what he does on a free day…

But yes there are rumours or suggestive ideas that he has taken a liking to Mariano and Soumaré is all around impressive on the training field.

Was more of a joke about the quick change of mind that would be necessary for things to happen. But the suspension of the Atletico game, international break, the form of the new players and the extra preparation for now might make something like that happen sooner.

Still gotta see what’s on the menu for this Sunday but I believe Las Palmas is about as good as an opponent you can wish for right now.

5 Likes

So we should be good tomorrow, no? :see_no_evil:
https://twitter.com/Millar_Colin/status/1703085062521020604?t=A3uYRQq7uNz1PV9elfM7nQ&s=19

1 Like

Can see this being a draw if I’m honest. Should be a very competitive and close match.

Hopefully we can improve a bit on last couple of games.

1 Like

If we are scared of not being able to win against Las Palmas we have a problem. Where’s the positivity of past Mark.

I keep saying this every year, but if we have trouble on the current market. In what dark alleyway of a ghetto streetmarket do teams like these get their reinforcements. We really can’t complain compared to some of the efforts some teams have to come up with. And ending up with material that has been over-recycled like Sandro Ramirez.

With all due respect to Las Palmas and Munir but let’s just smash them tomorrow. Vamooos mi Sevilla!

6 Likes

Go on then! You got me in the mood! Haha

I will try to be positive and say 2-1 us! I’m just a bit wary of our poor defence so far and it will take time for players to bed in. These teams are never easy when they just come up.

We have a lot of work to do to get better to the level we desire. It won’t just happen by our name or history but with time I think we can improve things again.

4 Likes

Just a note. In four matches this season, Las Palmas have only scored 1 goal and that was from the penalty spot.

6 Likes

I often see the August matches like an extended pre-season to see how the new team is shaping up. Unfortunately, we only seen a few of the fresh faces suit up so far after many late deals getting over the line. In a way this feels like the real start to the season, finally with no doubts about arrivals or departures for the time being. Let’s just pretend we got hit with a Juve-style 9-point penalty. :stuck_out_tongue:

Regardless of how Mendilibar chooses to lineup, the fact remains that we’re bottom of the table with 0 points. Perhaps our nerves are a bit more relaxed after a similar start last year, but wins will have to come quick as the league gets more competitive by the day. The difference from last year is that we at least addressed certain issues in the squad, but will they be enough? Despite our UCL match midweek, i need to see the strongest XI available against Las Palmas.

8 Likes

I saw a Sevillista on Twitter say he literally woke up from a nightmare this morning in which he read the Starting XI and it included Joan Jordan.

That indeed would be a nightmare. Don’t even want to consider it. Please, Mendilibar, don’t do that to us!

If we don’t win this one… someone should be sent packing.

3 Likes

Wait… Januzaj has been given 25 then?

1 Like

Mendilibar took the wrong drugs. Playing Rafa Mir, Suso and Oliver Torres makes no sense in this match.

Saving forces for UCL mid week?

Ugh.

1 Like

Sergio in the lineup. Let’s do this! Vamos!

2 Likes

Might as well. He isn’t going anywhere until January at the earliest.

3 Likes

Let’s do this. Time to put a W up on the board. I am in the middle of nowhere Galicia (Campobecerras) on the Via de la Plata and have convinced the small town bar to put on futbol. It literally is the only in the town of 100ish. Celta played yesterday so they don’t seem to care for any of the matches today. Let’s see if I can convert them to be Sevillistas. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Alright I found the best spot my Indonesian WiFi has to offer. God please stay steady :pray:t2:

5 Likes

They have to suffer with Benitez! I can imagine not wanting to watch any thing.