23/24 - MD4: Sevilla FC at Atlético de Madrid

rakitic back in training. hopefully he can make an appearance of some sort

1 Like

Be interesting to see what squad we take to Madrid.

1 Like

Why wouldn’t he? Just suspended because of cards… No injury.

4 Likes

oh right :sob: :sob: :sob:. my mistake

4 Likes

No worries. With all our injuries, who can keep up?

3 Likes

6 Likes

Sow is in…

4 Likes

Marcão starting? Doubt it, but wouldn’t mind it… He and Badé when they’re healthy … Getting psyched just thinking about it…

3 Likes

Approximately how long is Badé out?

1 Like

I would prefer Marcao over Bade. Bade can be clumsy at times.

As for Marcao, he was brilliant at Galatasaray. Too bad his injuries haunted him for so long.

He has this unique style of play such that he clings to the opponents and uses his body a lot to block them. He does too many sliding tackles though, which can make him prone to cards.

4 Likes

Tough match but we have more hope than we did a week or so ago. The Granada win and Quique effect has give us new hope. Atletico are favourites but they haven’t looked that vintage last few games.

Let’s have a go and see! Vamos!

2 Likes

starting lineups from sofascore.

2 Likes

interesting to see yen benched but i guess i dont see it as necessarily a bad thing. i wasnt expecting oliver torres to be starting with rakitic back.

1 Like

Interesting Line up. I like the fact that you will have a way more free playing field with multiple players in flexible roles. Hope we can dominate the midfield and not be victim to naive defending. Backline still prone to unsteadiness.

3 Likes

I like the lineup. Quique wants us to defend well and hang in the game first. It’s a more defensive line up but not a bad thing away at Atletico.

He said we need to improve defensively first and improve from there. YEN is going to African cup soon so we will have to deal without him.

Hopefully we can control the midfield well too.

Let’s do this. Vamos!

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s necessarily that defensive. You could play it defensive. But then I wouldn’t play Suso, Rakitic and Oliver all together. Let’s see how the plan and execution looks on the field.

3 Likes

Good point. There is actually a lot of attacking players there. It just a different set up. I still think Quique will look for his side to attack fast when they can. He probably wants more control in the midfield and hopefully we can find that.

Let’s hope for the best. Vamos!

3 Likes

Excited for my first Quique game, was it just a bounce as Shendm said or are we actually finding a good groove on a new track.

It’s early but this Line up as well atleast shows me something that Quique has ideas. Diego Alonso more or less said to have ideas, but did nothing out of the ordinary and kept it extremely stale hoping things would fix itself if you just keep going.

4 Likes

its nice to see quique welcomed by the atleti fans. he did lots for them in the past

4 Likes