23/24 MD15 - Sevilla At Mallorca

Sevilla travel to Mallorca to face fellow relegation battlers on Saturday, December 9th. Mallorca currently sits 16th in the table, 2 points behind Sevilla; however, they could drop to 17th by game day depending on the Cadiz game on Monday.

Event Date/Time -

Home Ground

Estadi Mallorca Son Moix
Capacity - 23,142

Map

1 Like

How many wins do you think we can squeak out of this run:

In any other ryn, the answer would be clear, these are all must-win games.

Hopefully that’s still the case, but obviously our matches don’t inspire confidence. But I am confident enough in our players (dumb enough) that I would place a bet on 3 wins and a tie. But if I’m more realistic based on recent evidence, I’d say 2 wins, 1 tie, 1 loss. I think anything less than that and they have no choice but to fire Alonso, no?

E.g. One win, a tie and two losses…fired
One win, three ties. Fired.
Loss v Mallorca…maybe fired.
Loss v Mallorca and tie/loss v Lens, definitely fired.

3 Likes

It’s Diego DrawAlonso bar Copa! We draw all 4 most likely! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I want to say if we win the first one we will win all 4. Anything else and the draw/loss scenarios seem likely.

2 Likes

In all seriousness though we have to target wins now. Must go for it. This is our best chance to try go on a winning run. If we can win at Mallorca it could be a turning point. I just hope we don’t have too many players injured for this period.

Let’s go for it. Vamos!

2 Likes

Badé is out one month. Time for Nianzou and Gattoni to rise up!

3 Likes

Marcão or Gudelj, who gets the start next to Ramos? Or is it Gudelj and Marcão?

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see Manu Bueno make an appearance.

Lots of injuries…

2 Likes

Maybe Gattoni gets another runout with Ramos?

2 Likes

With no Acuña i’m worried we’ll see Salas featured again. I understand the risk with Pedrosa, especially with Ramos the one backing him. Maybe we see Alonso feature the back-3 again? (Gudelj - Ramos - Gattoni/Salas)

Good to see Soumare back in the squad, but the lack of cover on the wings is frustrating.

He likely won’t field this, but i think something like a 3-5-2 can be good for us:

Dimi
Gattoni - Ramos - Gudelj
Soumare
Juanlu - Sow - Rakitic - Pedrosa
En-Nesyri - Lukebakio

4 Likes

mallorca is alonsos easiest game so far he has to win. if he doesnt i think its over for him and he’ll be fired during international break

4 Likes

lens is a must win, but i cant see us getting a good result, at most a draw

getafe is in good form so i hope it wont be too difficult. draw most likely but a win depends on our confidence going in

granada would be an easy 3 points any other season but you cant be sure with our form

its seriously hard to predict any of these results because we are either amazing or abysmal

2 Likes

I checked Mallorca results/performances and they play very cagey. They don’t get hammered much and get plenty of draws or the odd narrow losses. They are similar to us in that regard. Their defence isn’t bad but they don’t score much.

I expect a tight game and very nervy one. It has 0-0 or 1-1 written all over it but I’m hoping we can steal a narrow win like we did last season. Let’s see.

4 Likes

I’m a big fan of 3 in the back with this lineup and the weak wing depth. Can even sub Juanlu for Ocampos if needed.

3 Likes

After years of overreliance on the wings and centers, today is the time to show that we can play exciting football without so many fruitless centers as our only attack

2 Likes

Marcao on the bench :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Probably most solid eleven names available, even though I’d still favour a three back as well.

Let’s get it.

1 Like

Vamos Sevilla!

1 Like

Let’s go!!! Vamos mi Sevilla!!! :muscle:t3:

1 Like

Not a good start. Mallorca 1-0