23/24 - MD11: Sevilla FC at Cádiz CF

1 Like

Hi, I am wondering if anyone can give me info on fan buses and ticket info for the away end perhaps? I will be in Seville, but according to train schedule the last train back leaves before the match starts.

1 Like

I don’t know about busses, but you can check BlaBlaCar. I would hop down to Cadiz from Sevilla every couple of months and there were always a bunch of rides available. It is like a long distance Uber with prices about the same as the bus ticket.

3 Likes

Easier part of the schedule coming up (before things roughen up again), hopefully we can push our new style further and show some more improvement while getting the results. Because the results should be coming soon.

I’m glad with how as a team we got through the Madrid and Arsenal games even though not with the results we wanted. We looked more hopeful and competitive and the coming games it has to be our turn to show some dominance. Cádiz, Quintanar and Celta.

One game at a time ofcourse.

5 Likes

Must win match for us. To be fair we have been playing better of late but haven’t had easy games.

This is a game we have to make count and the couple after. We need a win as draws won’t help us at this point. We can’t let the gap to top 6 to us get any bigger.

Generally we been ok in defence with Ramos, Gudelj and bade doing decent in centre back roles.

We have more creativity, energy and pace in midfield with Sow, Soumare, ocampos, Lamela, etc in there. Rakitic still important for experience but we have to stop relying on old players which we doing a bit more.

Then up front we got Lukebakio who’s been impressive, YEN did decent as well. Rafa Mir is struggling and Mariano hardly involved much.

We are a work in progress but with the form shown lately we have to win at Cadiz and games like his if we serious of progressing and trying to make top 6-7 this season. Let’s see.

3 Likes

Rafa Mir is struggling. How can he be struggling? He barely gets to play, and therein lies the issue with him… He’s a goal scorer (let’s not forget he did actually score a few his first season with us), but then he’s been stuck in the diabolical Lope / Sampaoli / Mendi ball system for two years with little support. I’d like to see him get a proper game with Lukebakio and Campos backing him up.

Love YEN but he can’t play every game… We seem to be playing more fluid now, give Rafa Mir chances and watch him stick a few away, he was wasted before. I know a few on here like to make him the scapegoat at times, but he’s by far and away the best finisher we have at the Club.

Nyland

Juanlu
Sergio Ramos
Bade
Acuña

Soumaré
Sow

Ocampos
Rakitic
Lukebakio

Rafa Mir

I would go for this one.

4 Likes

Cadiz is a game we must be winning in my mind as is Celta Vigo. Two wins needed before the big one against :poop: and then a tough away fixture at Sociedad.

1 Like

Anyone knows when the date and time of match vs. Villarreal (indicative December 3rd) will be made official?

1 Like

True, Rafa has been struggling with what’s happening at the club plus the telenovela from last summer doesn’t help.

You may wish for Ocampos to back him up, but that’s not going to happen any time soon. They clash on ego levels and Ocampos acts like some sort of entitled rat when they come in a potential scoring position (together with Mir). I have not seen Ocampos create anything unselfish for Rafa ever. In contrary, he gives him a yelling completely out of place when something suboptimal happens it’s disgusting.

Playing them together is useless in my opinion.

Besides if we expect to dominate against Cádiz, either Suso or Lamela offer more in possession anyway. Suso might be the one with the best connection or service for Mir.

2 Likes

Swap Ocampos for Lamela then.

I also miss Adriá Pedrosa. Really put in the effort when Acuña was out. All depends how much ganas Acuña has tonight.

4 Likes

Yeah pedrosa has been one of our best players so far. We are missing him for sure.

3 Likes

No Sow either, another last hours substitute.

2 Likes

I think we skate by with a Soumare-Rakitic-Oliver midfield.

2 Likes

Likely, but I really want to see a more aggressive formation. 3-4-3 or some two striker line up.

1 Like

This will be Diego Alonso’s first Sevilla win.

2 Likes

I would think within the next couple of weeks. The previous weeks games are already known.

2 Likes

Mariano starts as lone striker

2 Likes

I guess the verdict is clear on Rafa. :neutral_face:

I’m a big fan of this front 4 (for obvious reasons). Curious about Mariano’s link up game and how well he plays back-to-goal.

And please, for the love of God, can our wingers share the ball? :pray:

1 Like