2023 Europa League - Sevilla FC vs Roma

So how do we lineup?

Bono
       Navas, Bade, Gudelj, Telles
             Fernando, Rakitic
         Ocampos, Torres, Gil
                  YEN

Seems like the most likely lineup. Only variations that I think could happen (although I don’t suspect they will) are Suso for Oliver and Marcao for Gudelj. Assuming Mendi doesn’t go with either of those subs at the starting line-up, I do think Suso is the first sub if it seems like Oliver isn’t doing what we need in attack.

1 Like

As much as I am hopefully for Marcao to get healthier…it seems like he would have needed to be healthy a couple months ago to really get ready for a final with the team. I can’t remember what Mendi said in interviews, I think he said Marcao and Suso are ready in principle but that Jordan was travelling as a “bulto” (as “an extra body” is probably best way to translate that…?)

1 Like

We have a great chance due to our pedigree in this competition. However, it’s going to be difficult and nervy as we playing a Mourinho side and Italian team.

They will be well organised and hard to beat. Mourinho never lost a European final and we never lost a Europa league final. Something has got to give either way.

I just hope our top players turn up and we attack well, take our chances when they come and remain solid at back. An intriguing final.

I think it’s extra pressure because if we lose there will be no European football for this club next season. That would be a big blow financially and also in trying to move the club forward again. We will see. Vamos!

Can’t sleep, mind is in Budapest right now plus my heart is to hyped to calm down anyway. Flashes of the past victories coming by man almost ready, VAMOOOOOSSSSS!

2 Likes

Here we are boys……time to show up! We have done much better in Europe than I thought we would. La Liga we are pretty much what I expected this season due to our really poor transfers. Though I did not expect us to be here at the final, I am super stoked. The atmosphere here in my little Sevillan town is exciting. This will not be an easy match, but it is one that we can win.

Vamos mi Sevilla!!! Vamos campeon!!!

3 Likes

Mendi has been putting a lot of trust in this starting 11 (minus Telles) and for good reason.

6 Likes

Roma’s starting lineup. Interesting to see Dybala starting. Not great news but I’m not sure he can play a full 90

1 Like

No Jordan. That makes me feel a bit better

Good luck Guys, Vamos Sevillafc! VAMOS Mochis Men!!

5 Likes

They will have to drag Gudelj from the field, he is the heart of the team this season.

3 Likes

Wow what a horrible effort. They should’ve been up 0-1. Very fortunate

1 Like

This is pretty dodgy to start. Possession not looking dangerous and a few real defensive lapses

2 Likes

Haven’t been on the forum in months, but wanted to pull up this thread for some company during today’s match. Vamos mi Sevilla!

6 Likes

Welcome! Company appreciated!

Not loving our early flopping/exaggerations

1 Like

Ooph. By contrast that could’ve been a straight red. Hope ocampos is ok

Getting some rhythm going. Lessss go

1 Like

That would be an absurd penalty to give. He hit the ball

Shit. Feel like the ref could’ve given is the foul call for pulling away Oliver (I think?) but then they cut us open. Skipped over Bono’s foot… could’ve done better