2023 Europa League - Sevilla FC vs Roma

Beto was like 10 feet off the line in 2014. I was sure karma would bite us there.

3 Likes

Maybe we should just leave the Cup in Sevilla, it’s easier that way!

Speaking of…such a frustrating tragedy that we didn’t get to win the cup at home last year in the RSP.

7 Likes
4 Likes

Hi everyone,
I’m scheduled to be on Sirius XM FC at 16:25 Eastern to discuss the match and the season! I’ll try to share the audio later if possible. Huge day for Monchi’s Men!

7 Likes

Also, go to Google and search “Sevilla FC”

4 Likes

Rules were different then though.

1 Like

It would be a beautiful ending to the story of Jesus Navas and Rakitic if they decide to retire now. But at the same time, nobody likes to see the end of something beautiful… :face_holding_back_tears:

9 Likes

At least wait until after the US trips :wink:

4 Likes

I’d say 1 more season is ok… they need to enjoy the Supercup match plus the CL group stages at least… and who knows, another EL as usual next season :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Shendm, a question for you, how does this EL rank amongst the other victories?

1 Like

I think that is a good question for everyone!

3 Likes

What do you think Chris?

1 Like

It is the most special to me, just because it took such a drag of a season and made it special. Most were saying we should forget about it, and concentrate on the league…no chance of winning it. But we did and it will save our future.

Also, it vindicates the terrible Summer transfer window and shows that Monchi still has some magic.

10 Likes

I agree Chris, do you think we faced our toughest set of opposition on route to the final? Also Roma are a very good side with a top manager ofcourse.

4 Likes

Eindhoven always the most special, but this one isn’t far behind. Then maybe v. Inter, then v. Liverpool, then v. Benfica, then v. Espanyol, then v. Dnipro.

Dnipro was definitely least exciting.

I guess with the exception of the first, my ranking seems to have a strong correlation with how hard our rivals were, and therefore how impressive the win was.

2 Likes

This was a nice one, but the most special to me is still the first one, and the COVID one. COVID one especially gave us something to cheer about during such a tough time.

1 Like

Interesting observation, also making last night’s win that much more amazing:

Sevilla didn’t win a single match away from home in Europa League, and if I’m not mistaken, same was even true for Champions League group phase.

The RSP really is a boiling pot :stadium:

5 Likes

Oh man, that was so much fun! I’ll try to capture the audio or share the video in a bit.

Chris

2 Likes

1 Like

Y’all watching the celebration?

1 Like