2021-2022 Europa League - AKA Sevilla's Tournament

Hmm, so it seems we’ll miss all 4 of them vs. Dinamo.

I’d go with:

Bono

Kounde - DC - Rekik

Ocampos (if fit) - Delaney - Fernando - Acuna

Papu

YEN - Mir

3 Likes

Dinamo Zagreb are no joke though and we might have some trouble especially without Tecatito and Martial. Ocampos might not be ready so Lope will need to improvise hard this time.

2 Likes

Man the hits keep on coming for this team.

Time for Oliver to shine!

3 Likes

Looking at those ties in the Champions League pisses me off. We should have been there! The only teams that I think are better are Bayern and ManCity. We could challenge anyone else.

2 Likes

Messi you absolute plonker missing that penalty !

1 Like

Real Madrid only had 3 shots the whole match and none on target. Madrid fans aren’t happy at all like.

3 Likes

That’s too optimistic I’d say. We’d still struggle against pacey teams (even against RB Salzburg). Besides the ones you mentioned, we’d also get eliminated from Chelsea, PSG, Liverpool and RM 9 times out of 10.

So had we qualified and paired with who Lille and RB Salzburg are currently paired, we’d go out in this round.

We’re still not a CL level team imo, I mean a serious one not just to pass the group stages (which we didn’t do at the end of the day), but we surely have the potential to be one. Developing a proper counter-attacking system is a good start and a must-have for a competitive CL team.

4 Likes

Rakitic, martial and I think tecatito were all back in training today. This is good news and sounds like the covid rumours aren’t true.

7 Likes

Huge! Ocampos back too, looks like we are going to bring it!

6 Likes

That’s great news as well! Looking forward to europa tomorrow night and then la liga again on Sunday! Vamos!

5 Likes

Vamos Zenit and Napoli!

5 Likes

Rangers with the biggest surprise so far… what a great result for them vs. Dortmund.

Also a good result for Napoli, but not as much with the away goal abolished from this season. All to play for in the second leg.

:poop: with the upper hand vs. Zenit but nothing decided yet.

4 Likes

What a win for Rangers!! Astonishing!

5 Likes

The :poop: game was fun in the first half.

2 Likes

Sources pointing to the removal of Spartak Moscow out of the Tournament. Not official yet by Uefa, but coming days the statement will come out. With this, RB Leipzig goes to the quarterfinals. Fairplay.

4 Likes

That’s why it was best to draw them, but tough luck.

4 Likes

How can they pretend to be so ignorant is beyond me.

Bombing and missiles, destroying lives and threatening with nuclear war. And they have guts to complain about getting banned out of the international competitions.

Inhumane actions, need to be punished. It’s not even about just sports and politics anymore If they complain, complain to their leader. Has to be made clear, that none of this business is acceptable, and the consequences need to show that on every level.

5 Likes

The actions of Putin are unacceptable and inhumane but I can understand the points Spartak as a club are making. Why should they be punished for the actions and human suffering caused by the maniac responsible for this?

2 Likes

True, but there’s even worse. FIFA banned Yugoslavia in 1992, which meant 7 countries within Yugoslavia were banned because of atrocities caused and initiated by one country, Serbia - who unsurprisingly has sided with Putin this time too.

At least with Spartak there is some logic as they’re a Russian club - but in general with every war around the world, it’s usually the majority of the people that suffer from decisions of a certain group of people or individuals.

5 Likes

It has to be made, to hurt the maniac in as many aspects as possible. If you allow transactions, trades, sports events to continue, it almost like giving him a blessing to do whatever the fck he wants.

And yes as Shendm said, in war the people are always the victim which is the shame, but it eventually will get to the leader as well. He isn’t stronger than the sum of the Russian people. Really respect for the Russian People demonstrating in the streets.

Also the amount of dirty money in Russian football clubs and their owners and connections with politics, I think its even more justified to exclude them from international football events in times like these, really those club owners and Russian football association, are the last who are allowed to complain.

7 Likes