2021-2022 Europa League - AKA Sevilla's Tournament

Actually scratch that I think they redoing the champions league draw for some reason :joy:

Got to beat Dinamo first.

2 Likes

Yeah true. It wonā€™t be easy and we will have to bring a much better version of ourselves to that game than we did in all our champions league ones.

1 Like

This is really great for us, but we shouldnā€™t underestimate Dinamo Zagreb. I will definitely go to the match in away sector, hope that there will be a lot of Sevillistas.

6 Likes

Itā€™s the same as the winners of the groups of the Europa League. They join after this ā€œplayin roundā€.

3 Likes

Yup new format this year. The draw threw me a bit as I was like where are Bayer Leverkusen. But they come in after this round.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure everyone appreciates how big a gap in money there is between CL and EL.

You get 9.6m for qualifying for CL final 16.
You get 1.2m for EL final 16. 8.6m for WINNING EL.

Of course Iā€™d love for us to win everything weā€™re in (and am pissed/sad about CL exit). But hard to construe the CL knockout as anything but a major failure and borderline catastrophe. It remains to be seen how the loss in revenues will impact the team/ability/willingness to bring in January help.

2 Likes

WTF happened with the Champions draw, they had to do it again 3 hours later ?
:man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Crazy times. I think they made an admin error and mixed up the clubs in wrong pots. They canā€™t get anything right. Either they incompetent or itā€™s just plain corruption lol.

2 Likes

Villareal were drawn against Man utd (not allowed as they were in the same group)
Then when the draw was made to find out who At Madrid would play someone spotted that the Man utd ball had not been put back in the bowl. At Madrid drew Bayern and kicked up a stink demanding a re-draw as Utd should have been one of the possible opponents. Man utd joined in the row as they had drawn PSG lol.

The result is that R Madrid got PSG in the re-draw and we all laughed at their tears.

Oh and UEFA blame a 3rd party software glitch.

4 Likes

LOL what a bunch of idiots. At business level you have to sign off on the software so you canā€™t blame a third party.

Who did Real Madrid draw in the first draw?

The Mrs is trying to explain me that there were two balls in the wrong place ! !

6 Likes

This was my concern and something that I was leaning toward in a post on Twitter. That loss and dropping out could have huge ramifications for the rest of the season aka losing Kounde.

3 Likes

Benfica :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:
Villareal had M City

2 Likes

Kounde will definitely leave whether that be January or the summer.

1 Like

If we qualify for Champions next year then going out now shouldnā€™t have much effect on players ambitions because most signings are in the Summer but it could have an effect on this Winter transfer market. But Iā€™m not sure I really want to keep any player that is so moneycentric.

2 Likes

The Sevilla Youth live on in the UEFA Youth tourny and face Rangers in a single match playoff game in Scotland to determine who moves on to the knockout rounds. That match will be February 8th or 9th.

Any chance any of our folks might be able to show up and give support?

3 Likes

The ā€œeasiestā€ teams on paper were Braga and Dinamo Zagreb. Iā€™m putting easiest in parenthesis because thereā€™s no team that is easy enough to have a walk in the park at this stage - especially with us, as weā€™ve had the ā€œeasiestā€ group in CL and went back to EL.

4 Likes

On paper we should beat Dinamo Zagreb and itā€™s a decent draw, but thatā€™s what we were saying about our CL group!

Theyā€™re definitely not to be underestimated and performances need to be better than what weā€™ve seen so far in Europe this season.

3 Likes

Honestly I wanted someone else. I donā€™t think weā€™ll take the game seriously. A similar thing has happened so far in the Copa, same thing happened in the UCL this year, same thing happened vs Cluj, and the same against Spartak. If we could get a ā€œhigher profileā€ team I think weā€™ll take it more seriously and win more comfortably

3 Likes

Rakitic,Tecatitoā€™ & Martial have not trained with the team for the last two days. There are no injuries reported, but rumours abound that they have tested pos for covid and are doubtful for the game V Zagreb. Jordan is also out due to his red card in the CL

3 Likes