2020 UEFA SUPERCUP: Bayern v Sevilla

Bono my god! Heart was in his mouth there! Phew

2 Likes

De Jong is playing a bit tonight isn’t he? Where has this come from? :joy:

2 Likes

So much space available for the front 3 of Sevilla. If they can link up, gonna score some more.

2 Likes

Whatever happens now we can be proud with the start. We having a go no matter what! De jong loves the big games!

2 Likes

Rakitic is running his ass off, can’t make it the full 90 like that I don’t think.

2 Likes

Yeah true but love the passion and energy he’s showing!

Great block by kounde! We really will miss him if he goes!

1 Like

I’m getting nervous, but in a strange way the pressure works against a team on top.

1 Like

Fernando is down with a shoulder issue. Don’t want to loose him. Might have been a “timeout” injury. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah same. I don’t expect us to keep this lead but there is no pressure on us. We have nothing to lose here and everything to gain instead.

2 Likes

Agreed 100%

2 Likes

Great football by Bayern! Fair play to them! That’s why they the best at moment. Nothing we could do.

1 Like

Damn - Rakitic turned off when we needed him. Great play by Bayern to score.

2 Likes

It was a well worked goal by Bayern but now we have to keep them at 1 at half time, an maybe score another, I don’t doubt our ability.

3 Likes

What a great first half. I mean great play to score their goal. Sevilla busting their ass on the defensive side of the ball to compete. We are in this. Let’s recoup and rehydrate and come out fighting!

2 Likes

Munir, En Nesyri and Oscar warming up.

3 Likes

Some disgustingly unprecise passes when it matters, De Jong, Escudero, and more really unnecessary imo. Felt like the first 10 minutes we played, and pressured super well. Bayern had trouble building up, we were forcing mistakes from which came the goal. All good. Then Bayern straigthened up and we leaned back, to defend the lead and save some energy since the score let us. But it costed. They had multiple chances and converted just one. 1-1 at half time is great for us. Let´s see where it takes us.

3 Likes

I agree Chris. Proud of the boys out there. They giving it their all and we showed some nice quality too. The fans who travelled will be happy with teams efforts.

We playing the best team on the planet currently but we standing up to the challenge. I like how we don’t buckle as easy as past sevilla teams have done. Lope deserves a lot of credit for that.

I still think we will lose in end due to Bayern quality but this has me pumped for new season. I hope we get some more players where we need to reinforce before window closes. I hope we keep kounde but that could prove difficult as Man City seem determined to sign him.

1 Like

Damn Jordan and Rakitic ball watching on the goal. :frowning:

They were a bit better for longer during the first half, but the 1-1 score is just. The referee has analyzed both teams, especially us, and is not giving away cheap fouls, but that yellow card for Jordan was definitely not deserved. Kudos for the penalty though, we wouldn’t have been awarded that against Barca or RM unfortunately in La Liga.

It can go either way, but to be brutally honest, Bayern is at least a half level better than us in every aspect. Plus we’re dearly missing Reguilon, even Banega, in the sense that Rakitic has still not adapted with the system and it will take him more time, though beside that silly error he’s playing well in overall.

Bono with an what seemed easy save but somehow I feel Vaclik would’ve conceded it… somehow, in a way that only he knows.

It seems that Lope has decided to fight Bayern with their own weapons, pressing etc. but not sure if we can keep it during the whole 90 minutes. Another Bayern goal will most likely depress us into conceding even more and get humiliated. If we score, then it’s a whole different story. We need to create more chances though, and I still think En Nesyri would’ve been a better choice, without taking anything away from De Jong, he’s played well in the first half for his standards and contributed nicely to that penalty with the pass to Rakitic.

Don’t forget, we are playing the best team in the world as of now, literally - and they are still in a scary form.

VAMOS MI SEVILLA!!! VAMOS CAMPEON!!!

3 Likes