2018 Fifa World Cup Official Chat

Originally published at: http://monchismen.com/2018-fifa-world-cup-official-chat/

Come join the Monchi’s Men members and chat about the World Cup! Who’s going to win? Who’s going to win the Golden Boot? The first game has started, so come on over and chat about the cup.

Russia dominating, Saudi looking like they are wanting to play now. The second goal by Russia was really pretty.

How did this Saudi club even make it? They are terrible.

That Russia v Egypt game is looking tasty now. It’s turned into a must-win for the Pharaohs due to Russia’s huge goal difference.

Oh and this whole exchange made me laugh…

“Sorry, Putin paid me more.”

1 Like

If ever there was a perfect picture of how prone to corruption FIFA can be, this is it

I’ve watched two of Morocco’s warm-up games and they’ve looked exceptional, a bit worrying being a Spanish fan. I’ve also got a theory about Japan being a major force in international football before too long, they got a hiding in 2014 and they’re in a difficult group this year, but they are improving rapidly.

Semis - Brazil Spain Germany Argentina depending on the draw which I haven’t studied.

Winner Spain

I’ve got a real downer on England and France, just don’t think they’ve got the attitude right. By the same token, if Spain lose tonight they could have a ‘real’ disaster of a competition.

Golden boot will go to Messi, Neymar will probably get injured again.

Also forecast that Chris will be supporting Mexico being the closest country :grinning: dont forget to set the alarm clock for those early morning games Chris.

My team (since Scotland are once again not there) is Argentina

The Sevilla connection is too much to resist, plus I always have fond memories of 1986 as it was the first World Cup I remember watching

Well Iran beat Morocco 1-0 in the last minute but the ref was pro Iran most of the game.

Best keeper in the world…

Yup, based on that, Sergio Rico could still play for Spain.

But best game of world cup so far now at 2-3 to Spain.

30 minutes remain

I predicted a 0-0. It was a derby so perhaps the craziness was to be expected, but not at this level. Ronaldo really wants this. And Diego Costa finally showed that Spain needs him. And who had Iran leading the group after the 1st round of games. I love this already!

That was a great game, Portugal really went for it, loved the way Spain paced their energy and could have scored two more with a bit of luck. What a tremendous difference in quality to the first three games, hope there are more games like that today.

My top 3 are: Spain, Argentina and Croatia.

Spain didn’t seem quite united last night and it will take a miracle for them to win the WC. Croatia might go far but I’d really love for Argentina to win it because of Messi, the guy deserves a CL and then we can all die in peace :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Nobody can write off Croatia, lots of quality players, but what a tough group with Argentina and Nigeria.

Here are the odds on winning the tournament, you have a bet on Croatia while Russia gets my outsider bet at 67-1

Brasil 5.5

Alemania 6

España 7

Francia 8

Argentina 11

Bélgica 11

Inglaterra 19

Portugal 23

Uruguay 29

Croacia 41

Colombia 46

Rusia 67

https://www.oddschecker.com/es/futbol/internacional/mundial/mundial-rusia-2018/ganador

1 Like

Halldorsson 34, goalkeeper of Iceland, value €0.3m, saves penalty from Messi, keeps Argentina at bay 1-1 and gives best keeper display of world cup so far.

Buy him FFS

Feel like we deserved a point against the French! Wouldn’t say they played any better than us but got a little lucky.

France diving squad have to be the most overrated at the cup. Also well done to Iceland!

Spain and Portugal head and shoulders above the rest at this point.

Agreed Darren. Australia played a very good game against a France side that still doesn’t know what their best XI is. But the French got bailed out by that Pogba goal.

And Argentina, oh dear. At least someone other than Messi scored. Either way, I have Iceland winning that group. :smile:

Incredible, Germany put 3 players in the box for a corner, never seen that before 12 minutes into the game.

Layun playing well but regardless of the Sevilla connection, I want Mexico to win.

I do not like :mexico: because of the :us: rivalry, but that was well deserved. Layun looked good at rw except for the finishing

1 Like