Segunda Division & Lower

So using force majeur the League have abandoned the Deportivo Fuenlabrada game.

Deportivo relegated and Elche into the Play Offs.

2 Likes

Castellon and Sabadell both promoted to Segunda Liga, Castellon prevailing 1-0 against Cornella, whilst Sabadell came from behind to beat Barcelona B 1-2.

1 Like

Deportivo are really starting to get on my nerves whinging about replaying Matchday 42. Even Extremadura have now got involved (they were well down!) saying there should be no relegation and a 22 team La Liga and 24 team Segunda next season. :roll_eyes:

The Spanish League / Federation need to step in and put their foot down now and put it to bed, there are too many connotations to replaying the games, like I said if Depor win and Lugo or Albacete lose and go down, what is to stop those clubs then lodging an appeal, after all they already did what they had to do to stay up.

On the flip side to that of course, if Albacete lost, it would mean they lost to Cadiz, and Cadiz would then become Champions, and I’m pretty sure Huesca would have something to say about that too.

Depor just need to grow a pair, accept they are going down and would have regardless of whether they played their final game or not, and plan for a promotion bid in Segunda B next season.

Fuenlabrada are the ones who should feel slightly hard done by, and I think they have far bigger things on their plate than football right this second.

1 Like

So promoted from Tercera Division to Segunda B for 2020/21 are… Long list here:

Betis Deportivo (B team derby again next season!)
Villanovense
Navalcarnero
Socuellamos
Lorca Deportivo
Poblense
L’Hospitalet
SD Logroñés (The other club in Logroño)
El Ejido
Atzeneta
Zamora
Multivera
Tarazona
Compostela (another club I remember in La Liga in the 90s)
Covadonga
Laredo
Tamaraceite

One game left to be played between Portugalete and Sestao River Club which is currently postponed as a Portugalete player tested Covid positive.

1 Like

So Deportivo vs Fuenlabrada went ahead last night, and Depor won 2-1. They still end up relegated, and Elche are in the play offs. :roll_eyes: Nothing changed but we’ve wasted 2 weeks where the Play Offs could have been played.

I actually feel for who ever wins the play off. 20 days to prepare for a new season in a new division.

1 Like

It is going to be tough but everyone has to do the best they can I guess?! :man_shrugging:t2:

I want Real Zaragoza to win, but I don’t think they will. I think Girona will end up promoted.

See I’m the opposite. I want Girona to go up. But think Zaragoza will :joy:

1 Like

Owned by the City Group who own Manchester City, New York City and Melbourne City. Reason enough in its self to not want them to go up.

Half surprised they haven’t started playing in Sky Blue yet.

2 Likes

I’d like for Zaragoza to go up only because of their stadium’s goal nets lol

1 Like

In fairness I had watch several games there while I was working in Lloret de Mar before the City group took over. I don’t personally hold it against the club either.

1 Like

Segunda Play Off Semi First Leg Results:

Elche 0-0 Real Zaragoza

Girona 1-0 Almeria

Still everything to play for in both games then.

1 Like

Stupid red from Elche player in the first half, but Zaragoza didn’t take advantage of that.

1 Like

Girona v Elche in the Play Off Final then.

1 Like

I’ve not been able to find a way to follow Deportivo La Coruna :frowning:

Looks like I’ll just be watching the live text updates.

I can’t believe this!

1 Like

Hear, hear!

1 Like

Llagostera is my favorite

2 Likes

Elche qualified to La Liga after beating Girona in the second leg of the play-off final 0:1 - the first match finished 0-0. Congrats to Elche! See you in La Liga in 2020-21.

4 Likes

Now imagine how pissed you are being Fuenlabrada and buggering up your chances by failing Covid-19 protocols.

3 Likes

Alright then nice, Congrats to them. Might give me another chance to catch a Sevilla game live next season.

3 Likes