Segunda Division & Lower

Going right down to the wire in the Segunda Division. Huesca look set to be promoted tonight with the League Champions to be decided on the last day.

Zaragoza are getting absolutely smashed 4-1 Away to relegation threatened Albacete and at this rate could even miss the play offs, currently fifth with Almeria, Girona and Fuenlabrada the other teams in there, but you wouldn’t fancy Zaragoza on their current form.

At the bottom of the League it will come down to the Final day, with two from Lugo, Numanica, Deporting or Albacete to join Extremadura and Racing in being relegated.

I just typed a whole load out about the bottom of the table, then Lugo scored a 95th minute winner which completely changed it. This is how the Final weekend is now looking.

At the bottom it is going to be two from Lugo, Numancia, Deportivo and Albacete who drop now.

Cadiz v Albacete - Cadiz need a win to secure the league title, Albacete need a win to guarantee survival.

Deportivo v Fuenlabrada - Depor need a win and hope one of Lugo or Albacete lose. Fuenlabrada need a win to guarantee the play offs.

Lugo v Mirandes - Lugo need a win to stay up.

Numancia v Tenerife - Numancia need a win and hope two of Albacete, Depor and Lugo lose.

Play offs Almeria, Girona and Zaragoza are in, but Fuenlabrada can be caught if they lose by either Elche or Rayo Vallecano.

Depor quite close to relegation after losing to Mirandes tonight. It all comes down to the last match on Monday.

1 Like

If Albacete and Lugo win it’s out of their hands anyway. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Just looking at the Segunda B play offs. So as I said before Logroñés already promoted to Segunda, in the other Champions Final it is still 0-0 between Cartagena and Atletico Balaeres. If Balaeres win they will have a Mallorcan Derby next season.

In the Main Play Off matches so far through to the next round are:

•Cornellà
•Badajoz
•Sabadell
•Peña Deportiva
•Barcelona B
•Castellon (as the Champions Losers against Logroñés)
•Loser of Cartagena v At. Balaeres (Currently 0-0)
•Winner of Cultural Leonesa v Yeclano (CL currently winning 2-1).

FC Cartagena from the Murcia region have just been promoted to the Segunda Division, Atlético Balaeres drop into the lottery of the regular play offs now.

Play Off Semi Finals will be:

Castellon (1st B3) v Peña Deportiva (4th B1)
Atlético Balaeres (1st B1) v Cornellà (4th B3)
Cultural Leonesa (2nd B2) v Sabadell (3rd B3)
Barcelona B (2nd B3) v Badajoz (3rd B4)

Hoping for Castellon, At. Balaeres, Sabadell and Badajoz to win through.

All three B3 teams still in there.

Wow… 7 positives? They must have had the virus at least a few days before, which means could’ve infected many others (teammates, opponents, referees, staff etc.)

2 Likes

Numancia, Deportivo, Extremadura and Racing Santander relegated from Segunda Divison to Segunda Division B.

1 Like

Painfull for Depor, but I believe they will be back, hopefully as soon as possible. A team that should be in la Liga.

For Leeds it took almost 16 years of misery. Let’s hope it won’t go lthat bad. For them I am glad they are back to, i have some nice memories of their teams in the past with Viduka, Kewell, Ferdinand and Alan Smith who was one of my idols those times.

For the play offs of the Segunda I have a slight favorite in Almería, but any of the other contenders I don´t mind.

3 Likes

Well Cadiz managed to fuck that right up didn’t they?

1 Like

Hoping Real Zaragoza go up. Don’t mind them so much.

1 Like

Will never forgive Zaragoza for how they treated Eto’o. I’m rooting for Andalucía to take over. Come on Almería!

3 Likes

Not sure what is going to happen at the moment. Fuenlabrada vs Depor was postponed, Depor down anyway but Fuenlabrada with a win make the play offs so they will want to play their final match before the Play Offs start I would assume.

Even a draw (61 points) will see Fuenlabrada in play-offs as they have a better h2h vs Elche. The match will either not be played due to loss of interest or protest from Depor, or if played, Fuenlabrada will take at least a point, can’t see it happen differently, but you never know these days haha.

1 Like

That whole situation is insane :confused:

3 Likes

So it seems like the League won’t let the game be played so Elche finish 6th, and Fuenlabrada don’t get a shot at it. Bit weird, but I guess if it means waiting for all clear from Covid-19 they could be waiting ages depending on how many people could have been infected.

1 Like

Insane and possibly illegal, poor Deportivo have got the butt end of a stitch-up, time to get the lawyers involved. If a team cannot compete, the result should go to the opposing team, it’s just the fairest option.

2 Likes

Regardless if that happened they would still be relegated anyway, so not really sure of their point. :sweat_smile:

1 Like