Pre-Season: vs Granada

Corchia out jumped and beaten at the far post from an excellent free kick .

or was that from the run of play, i missed the beginning of it.

Yh was a good goal by them to be fair!

Can’t rely on Corchia for the defense throughout the season. Navas is also weak in the air, we’d need a proper RB if we want to get things right.

1 Like

actually i guess it was a trophy. oh well. First loss of the preseason.

I’m afraid you are right. Navas as a RB with three in the back works, maybe not with only 2 anymore.

1 Like

Better to lose to then now than in 2 weeks time! Hopefully we learn from this and address the issues. I have faith this team will be good but we just need to work on a few things and hopefully we add a bit more to team.

Be interesting to see what starting 11, Lopetegui picks first la Liga game!

3 Likes

I don’t understand why we seemed to leave half the first team behind. Unless those players are playing the game in Almandralejo tomorrow?

2 Likes

Glad we lost this one. We were begging to be spanked. Still got a few things to fix. Vaclík could have been braver on both goals.

Fernando needs to start to establish discipline and setup a good foundation for us going forward. Too much recycling of the ball. It doesn’t take a full half to learn what you’re doing wrong. I trust Lopetegui knows this, and strikes me as a proper coach that develops his players. Need to be much better than this against a readymade Espanyol team.

2 Likes

That’s a good point too! We didn’t have all our first team playing either! I guess the rest must play tomorrow!

I don’t think I’ve ever been so disgusted with Sevilla. Firstly the TV, what purpose does SFC TV have if they can’t show friendies?

Second, as stated before the game in a whitespace upthread, what the hell are we doing sending half a squad to Granada?, has this trainer any idea what 7 straight victories means to confidence going into a season, now players are questioning the system and their own qualities. And where is the diagram or trial for a starting 11, tomorrow is a tribute game not a serious match, he’s thrown the pre-season in the bin in 1 game.

The first warning bells of crazy trainer are ringing aloud.

4 Likes

Yeah I share your disappointment too! We really should have tried to keep the wining run and momentum going. However, I suppose at same time we don’t want to risk any major injuries or play to flat out in that intense heat before the season opener.

I see it both ways to be honest. Disappointed with our approach to this game but at same time can see that the club maybe have their minds on start of season too!

I’m not sure what to expect from us next week at espanyol. As usual with Sevilla, it’s always a rollercoaster. However, overall I’m still very happy overall with a positive transfer window and pre season overall. Hopefully we get 1 or 2 more big players in and offload the players we don’t need or want to move on sooner than later.

I still positive that it’s gonna be a good season for us but as usual there will be ups and downs

He should have played the starting XI today, and left the cantera players for the match tomorrow. All those changes blew up in his face today. Jordán will be the most important player this season, as we don’t have a player to back him up. Better hope our playmakers are excellent in the middle of the park this year.

1 Like

I see it this way. Why should Lopetegui play his best 11 and show his hand to Granada when we play them where it matters in a couple of weeks?

2 Likes

Didn’t see the game and had no idea what was going on about with the player selections, perhaps Lope was thinking of preserving the squad for the season opener given these are back-to-back? This could either be preparing for different scenarios or maybe Lope is tinkering again. The only thing I know is that Torres should never play at the same time as Banega, has no one learnt this from last season? Everything stagnates when this happens.

2 Likes

Any takers out there? If not, it’s cool, i’ll have one done an hour or two before kickoff.

Sorry buddy. Great job on the post!