Pre-Season: vs Granada

WHEN?
Friday, August 9th, 2019
1500 EST / 2100 CET / 0500 AEST

WHERE TO WATCH?
SFC TV

The boys from Nervión are finally back to play on home soil after trips to Portugal, the US & Germany. It has been a pretty successful run as Lopetegui has maintained a 100% record. We now enter the final stage of pre-season with 2 Spanish matchups against Granada & Extremadura.

TEAM NEWS
Mostly all first team players trained normally this week, with the exception of Reguilón, who only returned to do some light training yesterday. The only other doubt is Nolito, who also missed training.

TEST RUN
These are normally the friendlies where coaches test their starting lineups. We can probably figure out our best XI at the moment, but there’s been a lot of rotations at CB, so it’s still a mystery who Lopetegui will decide to go with. Although a friendly, it’s still an Andalusian derby. Can we make it 8 in a row?

¡Vamos muchachos!

2 Likes

Also, would anyone like to write a preview for tomorrow’s friendly vs Extremadura? It’s the tribute game for Reyes, and it’d be nice to hear someone else’s perspective.

1 Like

I hate to be picky but Extremadura isn’t in Andalucia. :sweat_smile::crazy_face:

1 Like

This is an important game tonight! As we playing a direct rival! We been great this pre season and it’s really encouraging. Now, we playing Granada, which is like a curtain raiser as we play them 2nd game of the season away too!

I’m very positive with what I seen from us in pre season and we did amazing in the transfer window. We still not finished there, as we hoping to bring in a couple more and also importantly offload the players who our of contract and no longer part of our plans!

On to tonight, it’s a great chance for Lopetegui to now play his first team or close to it, in preparation for the espanyol and Granada always games in league to come!

1 Like

Yes it should give us an indication of his thoughts on the best 11 and strategy for away games. As luck would have it, I’m in Extremadura for the weekend, hotel in that area so I’m going to enquire for tickets but I fear they’ve sold out.

1 Like

Lmao! Thanks for that. I was thinking about Córdoba. :weary:

Squad list: Vaclík, Javi Díaz, Corchia, Amo, Kounde, Diego Carlos, Escudero, Chacartegui, Gudelj, Juanpe, Mena, Óliver Torres, Banega, Pozo, Lara, Bryan Gil, Munir, Dabbur y Ben Yedder.

Yea, so forget what i said about a preferred XI. :sweat_smile:

Lol perhaps not the Extremadura game. But surely Granada we will field our strongest XI? Or is that squad for the two games?

Javi Diaz but no Sergio Rico.

I’m sure there’ll be a different squad for tomorrow’s game.

I knew Navas wasn’t going to Granada but the squad is too lightweight, we don’t want to be defeated there with a league game there in 3 weeks.

Tonight’s game is being shown via a stream on the clubs YouTube and Facebook pages. Was going to watch the Liverpool v Norwich game tonight but half thinking about sticking this on now.

2 Likes

Same. Norwich doesn’t excite me, so i’ll pass. Pukki is starting for them though, so i might watch a replay or sum’n.

1 Like

Lineup is out!

Curious to see how Banega & Óliver will work together.

3 Likes

Strong line up! We still got a few players missing who could make starting lineup too! However, a good test for us tonight before la Liga season starts! Vamos Sevilla!

Yh fancy Liverpool to beat them pretty easily to be honest! First season with VAR for the premier league too!

So looking like:

Vaclik

Corchia - D. Carlos - Kounde - S. Escudero
Gudelj
Banega O. Torres
Pozo - Dabbur - Munir

???

2 Likes
3 Likes

We look like Everton with those kits…

1 Like

Great work there by the team. Torres with some more dribbling magic to get free. Pozo crosses in a dangerous area, but then Munir decides not to shoot and lays it back off to a Granada player. :frowning: Everything seems quicker this season. No waiting to pass, get it pass it. Much better game style imo.

1 Like

With the White shorts yeah. Looks better in all Blue.