M21: Sevilla v Granada [2019-20]

World Clock: 1500 EST / 2100 CET / 700 AEST

It’s Sevilla FC’s 130th birthday today, and there is Sevillismo in abundance in today’s match, as we welcome ex-Sevilla Atlético manager Diego Martínez and his Granada side to the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán.

After longing for a decent showing at home, we came through with a 3-1 victory against Levante in the cup game midweek. It wasn’t the most impressive performance, but a deserved result nonetheless.

Bounou, Carriço & Jordán have missed training all week, and have yet to recover from injury. Banega is suspended after receiving his 5th yellow at the Bernabéu.

Projected XI: Vaclík; Navas, Kounde, Carlos, Reguilón; Fernando, Óliver, Vázquez; Munir, De Jong, Ocampos.

Player to Watch: Óliver Torres. Much has been written this week about the ex-Porto man. Without the midfield maestro in Banega, a lot of the responsibility will fall on Óliver’s shoulders.

Andalusian rivals Granada had a tremendous start to the season, but have since faltered and dropped outside the top 10. They have lost all 6 of their last away games in La Liga.

Sevilla look to recover from the defeat last week to Real Madrid. While the RSP hasn’t appeared to be the fortress it is known to be this season, signs seem to point to a Sevilla trending upward. An Andalusian derby awaits us in this Saturday night fixture, so there shouldn’t be any shortage of atmosphere.

#SevillaFC130
#WeAreSevilla

1 Like

A must win!

2 Likes

Save the pace for the 2nd half i guess. No clue how Nolito walks back into a starting XI.

1 Like

Big big match! Valencia’s great win over Barça has put the pressure on. A chance here to restore the gap and go 3rd and close the gap on Barça!

Let’s do it!! Vamos!

De jong! Great goal and football! Vamos!

1 Like

Fabulous header that. He’s coming good now! Great to see!

The cross De Jong has been waiting for since he signed! Well taken!

1-0 Sevilla!

1 Like

Yep give him the service and he’ll deliver!

Oh damn damn. Pen for Granada!

Payback from La Liga for Monchi’s words. I get it… smh

No pen! VAR rules it out. Thank god! Free kick retake!

1 Like

We look sharp up front! Navas, Ocampos and De jong looking good!

LdJ goal machine! :rofl:

Nolito!!! Cheeky finish. Lovely goal. We deserve this!

1 Like

I’ll gladly shut up now. Bout damn time!

2-0 Sevilla

3 Likes

So cannot wait to move into our house in a couple of weeks. We are getting Premier Sports so I can finally watch us play properly again. :raised_hands:t3:

1 Like

I’m happy to eat my words with De Jong. Last few games he’s been decent and tonight again so far is looking likes he’s finally settled

4 Likes

Was one of the best 45 minutes we played all season. Electric football and great to watch. Keep it up lads!

3 Likes

De Jong stepping his game up… that’s the spirit!

We have a comfortable lead going into the second half. Things might have been different had that bogus penalty been given (vs. RM or Barca it would’ve been given 100%), but we’re doing very well and playing well to be honest.

Nothing but holding on to the 3 points tonight!

3 Likes

What colour is Vaclik in tonight, Purple?