M21: Sevilla v Granada [2019-20]

Yea, it’s the purple kit.

46’ - Gudelj ON. Vázquez OFF.

Mudo was on a yellow, so it’s a safe move.

Job done. A great performance. We responded to Valencia win. Back in 3rd and only 5 points off Barca!

Granada got at us in the 2nd half, but we dealt with the threat impeccably. First complete game I’ve seen us play this season. Great performances from back to front.

Great finishes by De Jong & Nolito. :clap:
Great game by Óliver too. Keep it up.

Let’s carry this form into the cup game on Thursday. Vamos chicos!

3 Likes

We have a nice run of fixtures coming up. If we can carry this form on, no reason we can’t take maximum points in next 3 league games and in the cup. A great a chance to get a grip back on 3rd and pressure the top 2.

Happy days folks!

1 Like

Was vital to get the points tonight. Added bonus of it being the complete performance. Looked dangerous going forward and dealt with them well too.

3 Likes

The first half was our best display for a long time, some of the moves were amazing, with 2 great goals we were cruising. But from the start of the 2nd half Granada got more and more into the game, I thought the introduction of Foulquier made them a lot more of a threat with his forward runs.
I was really impressed with him and can’t understand why Watford let him out on loan and even more confusing is why Granada don’t start him.
We were very lucky the penalty decision was over ruled as from where I was sitting virtually in line with the goal area it looked a cert.
Great to see De Jong finally show some confidence and he almost made it 3-0 with a rocket of a shot from distance (more of this please) and well deserved his name being chanted by the Biris at the final whistle.

6 Likes

I got to watch the game on DVR last night as I was out of town this weekend. What a first half performance! The quick passing on the counter was phenomenal and gave Granada all kinds of trouble.
Big Luuk with his best performance and MOTM for me. He made a huge difference not only with the goal scoring, but passing, winning aerials and making runs off the ball. He was brilliant.

That finish from Nolito was World Class. Off the outside of the boot in tight space, just great.

Oliver was a boss and Fernando getting forward the last few games has added another dimension to our game.

Sergio was a bit slow out of the gates, but then turned it on quickly and had a great performance.

Brilliant game!

3 Likes