January 2020 Transfer Targets and Rumours

Paco Alcacer… Dortmund are mental if they let him go. I would snap him up in a heartbeat, great finisher.

Don’t really want Suso, if he was any good other clubs would have snapped him up by now. He is only seen as the leading force for Milan as everyone around him falters. The only players I want from Milan is Theo Hernandez or Ricardo Rodriguez but the latter has become really pedestrian in San Siro. Luis Alberto is a better bet for me, he looks sharper than last season and Lazio may be willing to sell.

Dabbur is a sad story, hopefully he can flourish in Sporting, just add in a no opposition clause in case we meet up in Europa.

Paco is an excellent finisher but I doubt BVB would let him go for anything less than 40m, if he’s going anywhere it’s probably back to Valencia.

1 Like

A striker, urgently please!

1 Like

Few reports online linking us with Raul de Tomas. Must admit I don’t know much about him. But doesn’t appear to be in any world changing form at benfica. We need to be aiming abit bigger really

14 goals for a crap Rayo Vallecano side last season, and Real Madrid even considered keeping him around.

Wow, that’s a big prediction. He would be the most expensive sale in MLS history for sure.

Seems to be the case. Tottenham wanting to make the deal permanent.

I think that Paco Alcacer would be the best real option for us in this winter transfer window. Borussia has now Haaland and it is option to sign him. For Dabbur is the best option to go on loan, so he can prove his worth. In my opinion, if Chicarito get any solid offer, he can go.

2 Likes

I think we should ship out Dabbur & Chicarito and put in a cheeky bid for Chimy Ávila his clause is 25m.

1 Like

Hell yes!

Scored those with both feet too. It’s asking a lot to get a player to settle into a new squad so quickly, but we’re hella desperate. We need another Jovetic. :pensive:

Been scoring bangers for a while now. He’s one of those players with “that special something.” I reckon he’d get along with our Argentine contingent.

I really rate Jovetic and he has played for two clubs that I love. Just cannot stay fit though unfortunately and that is his Achilles heel.

He is absolutely electric and owning the league but I have reservations about players who jump from the MLS to another league as it’s usually the other way round.

The most expensive transfer from the MLS was Miguel Almiron last January who went to Newcastle United for 21 million. He went scoreless in that season and has scored 1 goal this season so far. There is a certain risk involved but if we could send them Chicharito and get Josef on loan for half a season that could see how he fares.

Totally a good player, but I can’t imagine him being sold for less than 25 - 30 million and that’s a huge risk to take.

I’d rather take the safer 25 million bet on Chimy if that’s true that he only has that as a buy out.

Almiron is a good player, but I think it is much harder to transfer to a new league as a midfielder than it is as a striker.

1 Like

See u would take the gamle on either. I feel martinez would be able to step up no problem. Personally I’d like either. Would love to see chimy.

1 Like

But as usual, i think we’ll have to transfer players first. In this case, it’s likely Dabbur.

Also i think Monchi is wary of Atlético, who like to go after our targets (ie. Morata, Kalinic.) Chimy is tailor made for a Simeone team, and would prolly prefer playing in a front 2 (& in the CL.)

Raul de Tomás seems like the main target. Monchi has already dealt with his agent Jorge Mendes on the transfers of Fernando & Óliver. If so, would be nice to get him ahead of the match at the Bernabéu.

Also, kinda dissapointing how our rented out players have been ´not´ performing abroad lol. None of them is really doing anything, very low progression for all parties involved or I guess they are off the total salary but yeh… Amadou, Gnagon, Arana, Kjaer. I guess, Roque Mesa and Vidal are usefull at their respective club. But I think its fair to say, out of all those, none of them are gonna come back in the squad. Carlos Fernández is still Young and doing allright in Granada so thats a Good thing. Transferring is always a gamble, and I didn´t dislike Roque Mesa. But let´s say there´s a lot of room to clean up. Jesus Navas era is slowly closing aswell. Nolito as we mentioned more often isn´t the level we should strive for anymore. The summer Will probably be a big overhaul of the squad, where this Winter it might be quite calm.

1 Like

Just read on Marca another option we have our eye on is Mariano Diaz. :roll_eyes:

If it’s a Spanish-Dominican player from the Madrid academy, i still prefer RDT.

Mariano snubbed us once, he’ll be hated as much as Lopetegui. But football fans have short memories, so if he starts scoring immediately, that’ll be forgotten.

That’s another thing we need to be wary of, we can afford that but only for 1-2 signings. I think he is quality too but it’s best if we can get him on loan for half a season first.

I’m not complaining, both are sub-standard and I’m glad Atletico snapped them up, having either of them is like having De Jong with two to three times the wages. Chimy is agile but he does come we need to play two upfront.

RDT has not carried his form over to Portugal, no goals in 7 appearances but could find la liga more his style. Mariano Diaz is a simple no for me, he refused us once only to be awful at Real, they can have each other.

Speaking of Real, they have Vallejo back from Wolves and Brahim Diaz who has not started. Both will probably be loaned out again and I wouldn’t mind the latter.

Latest news is Dabbur is about to be sold to Hoffenheim for 11m outright.

2 Likes