January 2020 Transfer Targets and Rumours

At the bottom of an article about selling Dabbur…

“Sevilla are keen to sell so that they can sign in January - with attacking options Chimy Ávila (Osasuna), Mariano (Real Madrid) and Raúl de Tomás (Benfica) all under consideration.”

At €11m I would love Crystal Palace to make an offer for Dabbur. We really need a striker, but no doubt we will continue to hope Benteke scores again. 4 goals in almost 2.5 years now. :unamused::unamused::unamused:

1 Like

Mariano would be a no for me. Having done some research on Raúl de Tomás (penny actually dropped and who he actually was :joy:) I still think I wouldn’t be to impressed but if he can recreate his form at vallecano. He could fit the mold to be honest. Personally I’d prefer Chimy out of that list. But it does look like nothing will happen until the Dabbur situation is sorted.

1 Like

Was about to say I couldn’t see dabur in the pictures of training today. Then few minutes later it’s announced he has left for Germany. That will me a new striker will be due then

Yes as Brett states, it´s a Done Deal, Munas Dabbur to TSG Hoffenheim actualy a great club for strikers ultimately even below average ones, have been on great récords there.

Minimal loss I would say, 12 million we got back. However Dabbur, young as he is, in 2 years will go for 30+ million again. But yeh in Sevilla unfortunately it didn´t work out.

Alright Chimy, please join.

Edit: Dabbur being 27 already damn. Thought he was younger. Maybe not 30 million then lol. But I still believe he Will have succes.

If it’s Chimmy then good

Espanyol closing deal for Raul de Tomas for over €20M.

:pray:t4:

LA Galaxy hoping to tie up a deal for Chicharito in the coming weeks. Two strikers out, so surely we have a target or two in mind? Chimy and RDT, we can dream? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Depending on which paper you read, we’re either going for Mariano, Alcacer, or Piatek. It all smells like agent talk to me. RDT’s already gone to Espanyol.

Love it when Monchi’s at the wheel. Moves getting done in an organized manner. Perhaps our target has been kept from the press, as he’s known to do so well.

I think Chicharito should go to the Mls. Again another striker that the gaffer doesn’t seem to impressed by. I think it would be good buisness to let 2 go and try again with 2 new strikers. In the summer our signings were often left field and unexpected. So you could be right with the cards close to monchi chest

1 Like

I wouldn’t want 2 more strikers tho. Munir can already cover, and rotating 2 target men would be much easier.

True, but Munir is much better out wide.

Only Chicharito, De Jong and Dabbur were our real strikers to start the season. Munir can be a decent support striker but he is best played in a two man frontline, that was how he got 15 goals in Alaves. Same goes for Chicharito, they cannot win most physical battles in the league on their own.

I think it is more about tactics than who we sign this window, Munir and Avila can lead the line but only for 30 minutes or the first / second half. They need someone else to stretch defenses. Avila has scored 9 goals and in half of the games Osasuna played they lined up in a 442, the other games were a 4231. It’s about if Lopetegui is willing to actually play 2 upfront for the sake of the team.

Other strikers lined up are Piatek, Giroud and Batschuayi. I would really like Piatek, he’s young and is physically able to hold his own, he is almost solely a penalty box player though and does not contribute much to build-up play. He played his best with a fast agile companion as at Genoa but can also be the lone striker upfront in a 433 as in Milan, he is also more clinical and has better technique than Andre Silva so if Milan would listen to us we should go for it.

Giroud has a massive physical presence and his passing ability is very underrated, he is 33 though and would want starts to make sure he is called up for the French euro squad. Batschuayi should just stay away from this club after rejecting us for a dismal season at Valencia.

Chinese and Turkish clubs have made an offer for Carrico whose contract is running down, the player himself is interested in signing a new contract with the club however and that is how things should go. We can’t let him leave.

3 Likes

Piatek is a natural goal scorer (much like Chicharito) but I don’t think he offers a lot else to be honest which is why he has kind of been dropped by AC Milan.

Giroud is the most like De Jong of the three and probably the one I would go for of the three (funny this is now the third team of mine after Palace and Inter he has been linked to!). :rofl: Offers strength, decent in the air, and knows where the goal is.

Batshuayi. He was crap at Valencia, but he also spent half of last season on loan at Crystal Palace and scored 6 goals in 13 games for us. He is a funny one as he literally will get a goal out of nothing much like Piatek, but again he doesn’t do a lot else.

The difference between Piatek and Batman is that Batshuayi still has good movement and pace. Piatek literally you have to give him the ball in the area otherwise he might as well not be there.

Hope those synopsis’ give some insight anyway.

Sounds like PSG is gonna pull the trigger on Rico making it permanent. 10 million I think is the #

1 Like

Oh no! What a shame! :rofl::rofl::rofl: It really bugs me as a goalkeeper myself, when a goalkeeper is happy to go to a club and just sit on the bench.

For me it is always about playing and being the Number 1.

Giroud has agreed personal terms with Inter, but Chelsea are playing hard ball about the transfer fee right now. Apparently the players preferred move out of all those he has received is Inter.

Well we can now add immobile from lazio, Stuani from girona and Ángel Rodríguez from getafe as players being linked to us now. Going to run out of players to link us with soon haha. In fairness I would be happy with any of them.

2 Likes

We had Immobile before, and it didn’t seem to work out?! :confused:

Immobile won’t ever leave Italy again. Serie A just suits him. Elsewhere, Piatek is headed to Spurs & Mariano isn’t wanted by Monchi.

Word is that Paco Alcacer is the preferred choice. I don’t see us paying €40M, so maybe a loan + option deal.

2 Likes