January 2020 Transfer Targets and Rumours

allegedly Cengiz Under from Monchi´s former team Roma is on our radar. Interesting player.

1 Like

Yup would be a decent signing I think. Puts himself about, would cost a pretty penny mind you.

Cengiz happens to be one of the latest stars that Turkish football has offered to the World. He uses his left foot very well and can score from outside the box. He is quick and has the ability to penetrate into the box. Judging Sevilla’s incapacity to score against teams who park the bus, Cengiz would provide an extra threat.
Although he hasn’t surfaced a lot this season both at Roma and Turkish National Team, he has a great potential. If Sevilla buys him at around 20-30 million point it would be quite a bargain. He certainly will shine if he gets regular football. Moreover, he will show himself at the EuroCup next summer under Turkish National Team, which will add to his market value.

2 Likes

Apparently we are getting close to signing Giovani lo Celso, for who the switch to Spurs didn´t work out as planned. Coming in as a replacement for Ever Banega, who for me a bit shockingly, signs 3 years for Fiorentina. Potential wise good step, we are paying a big amount, but if he gets to play like his Betis times. Surely a great replacement. Not sure if all is confirmed but from what I read, its getting very close.

Also wondering if we are gonna give our attacking players we have now, the time and the second season half to get going, or are we already looking ahead. Feel like we need something for sure, but I also can imagine with the options we have they still believe in them.

edit: guess it´s still very unsure, Ever has a contract till this summer and there are some other clubs interested as well. Kinda sad, loved him as a player.

I really rate Lo Celso, I’m a little surprised how under used he has been at Spurs. Banega is a funny one, as he can either be brilliant or anonymous. I guess age wise it makes sense to look to the future.

Lo Celso ain’t coming. Can’t imagine an ex-Betico playing for us.

Re: Banega — I’m sure he’ll end up finding another team, or else he woulda signed a renewal before his contract reached that 6-month mark. Now i’m convinced he’s surveying the market.

#BringIvanBack

Strictly speaking he’s still a Betico. He’s only on loan at Tottenham. :wink:

Oh damn true, than i imagine it being a more complicated issue xD
Would be weird if we hire him, and overtake the buy-out clause from their deal lol

His actual buy out clause in his contract is €88m. They lowered the agreed fee for Spurs to €60m, I can’t see the same hospitality being extended to SFC. :sweat_smile:

I’ve seen rumours for him in the past, but seeing how he’s played recently, i’d pass.

I thought the clause was obligatory. Is it still an option?

Wouldn´t vote for Draxler neither, high talent, low mentality player imo. Not a player who is gonna go above and beyond something to win a game for the team, Not the player I prefer to see we go after.

I think he’d be an upgrade on the left wing, but wages will be the big issue.

Liverpool is willing to trigger 75M clause for Diego Carlos next summer according to eldesmarque

Whilst it would be a nuisance, having paid £13.5m for him, selling him for £65m (in the English Press) would be some bit of business.

Interesting the two latest players we have been linked to are both similar, left footed attacking Centre mids (Lo Celso and Draxler), would seem to hint one of Banega or Mudo is off.

I think just cover for Banega’s eventual move back home. Probably coming up this summer.

Losing Diego would suck if it happened in January. I bet if he does go, he will be a SFC player until the summer. He’s too important for 2019-2020’s run.

1 Like

The Suso thing keeps coming around. Monchi is obviously a big fan as he tried to sign him while in Rome.

One new one that I’ve seen pop up today is Alcacer being linked. With Dabbur seeming very Likley to be at Sporting until the end of the season. I would really like to see that happen.

4 Likes

Welcome to the group Brett! How did you discover us?

Suso does keep coming up and is probably a cheaper option to Draxler. Hard to believe that we can afford Paco.

1 Like

Suso’s not bad, but he relies to much on his trademark move to cut inside on his left and shoot. Not bad having another decent Spanish player amongst us, but a winger is something we don’t need right now. Agents are using Sevilla’s name again!

Paco was nice at Dortmund & Valencia, but we’ll see. And if Dabbur leaves, i’ll be glad for him. I feel he’s been under appreciated.

Oh, and welcome @BrettR!

1 Like

Hi Chris, thanks for the welcome. For some random reason I just googled sevilla English supporters clubs and this site came up. Thought I’d have a look and join in.

I don’t believe Dortmund are asking for much in terms of a fee. They might even let him out on loan until the summer. May get more intrest then. I’d put a cheeky loan offer in and see.

Must admit I’m still abit underwhelmed on how Hernandez and De Jong have done and would like to see someone else come in. Would loved to see Dabbur get more of a chance. Saying that I was buzzing when we signed Andre Silva and after his first few game I put a bet on for him to be league top scorer. How wrong was I haha.

Do you all feel we will do some business in Jan?

I don’t think Monchi has ever left a window go by without doing any business. I do think we still need a RB, cause even Lope brings in Kounde to play there at times. And if we get a decent CF to start over De Jong i’ll be satisfied.

If i had my sporting director hat on, i’d go for Aguirregabiria from Alaves & Josef Martínez from Atlanta FC.