2019-2020 Non La Liga Discussions

Inter played 3-5-2 (or 3-4-1-2 more accurately) and were tearing them apart.

I know we won’t see it but this team would actually do a job if all available.

GK: Vaclik

CB’s: D. Carlos, Kounde, Carriço

WB’s: J. Navas, S. Reguilon

CM’s: Fernando, Jordan, Banega

CF’s: Chicharito, Munir

Exactly right. They transitioned from defence to attack so well and looked like scoring every time. But once they didn’t take their chances, they settled and trusted their backline to see them out. And yep, you can’t do that with players like Messi & Suarez on the pitch.

And i doubt Lopetegui plays a 5-3-2. That setup might work with our fullbacks & those 2 up front since they all have pace. But after seeing how bad our counters were vs La Real, i would rather trust our spells of possession.

In the meantime we have to deal with Messi who turns into a sorcerer against us. This guy gets extra motivated against Sevilla, scores at least two goals in every match…

Yea, Messi’s favourite victim. Wasn’t encouraging that he played the entire game vs Inter. Not at his best yet, but like i said, he grew into the game and a match against us might be perfect timing for him to open his tally.

Barca has beaten us even in our climax, whatever the reason every time we meet them we struggle. We must have figured out a way to tackle their strength by now, just like Mourinho did in his Madrid spell.

I mean these kind of matches presents an opportunity for the players to show them off and attract greater attention. They must put whatever they have into the pitch. And their is no room for weak managerial decisions. Let’s just hope Lope will never do the same mistakes he did in our encounter with Eibar…

1 Like

Surprised i was even able to watch another football match after the result at Camp Nou.

Caught the Inter-Juve match, and it was a well-deserved win by Sarri’s boys. The stuff of champions, and they were all over Inter. Took back the lead on top of Serie A.

Man City losing at home today was shocking. Liverpool nearly dropped points yesterday, all for City to be even worse. I really don’t want the Reds to win the title, but it’s an 8pt gap now…

And nice win by CP in the London derby yesterday. Tied for 4th now?! European football this year @SurreySevilla?? :money_mouth_face:

This score line:

haha

2 Likes

Chris
We could have done worse and kept Sandro. I’ll never forget this :grinning:giphy

2 Likes

No idea why Immobile didn’t work. He is an excellent goalscorer. Muriel though. :unamused: I knew he was bang average before we even signed him from his Samp days.

Classic

He hardly played. 8 league games, 3 Copa and 3 Euro. He banged in 5 goals in those games though. He did have to get stretchered at one point, but he recovered pretty quickly. We just didn’t give him enough games and lost faith for whatever reason. Gameiro was balling that season too, so Emery would have had to play with two up top to get Immobile and Llorente minutes.

Southampton v Leicester 0-9
Sounds like a result from the 1950’s.
Southampton had a player sent off earlydoors and didn’t quite know how to handle Leicesester.

2 Likes

Not that I am one to talk as Palace lost 9-0 to Liverpool in 1989. But ouch! Looks like the Southampton players couldn’t give a toss. Hassenhutl taking the flak but there is only so much the manager can do when the players completely give up on the pitch, they should be ashamed of themselves in this day and age.

I would be ashamed playing Sunday League football to lose 0-9, nevermind fully paid supposed professionals.

Our boy Emery looking hopeless at Arsenal. Lost 2-0 at Leicester today. What happened to him building defensively solid teams? Maybe that transition to a “bigger” club wasn’t for him.

1 Like

Fancy that eh? Who would have predicted that? Barcelona will face Atletico Madrid in the semi finals of the 2019-20 Spanish Super Cup, with Real Madrid taking on Valencia.
Who says these draws are fixed?
I hope the Saudis get a Atletico v Valencia final. It would serve the The RFEF right for messing with things.

4 Likes

@ShendM did you make the match yesterday?

Hey Chris, couldn’t go to Czech Republic as it was quite difficult to get the tickets as a non-citizen, but it was probably the worst match that Kosovo played in 2 years or so. We are having an issue where some of the players are performing very well with their clubs and suck with the NT, the exact opposite of Gio’s case with Mexico.

I’ll be at the home match vs. England on Sunday, though it is more of a friendly now after we couldn’t qualify through the group.

The hope dies last as we’ll try to reach the Euro 2020 through the Nation League playoffs in late March next year.

2 Likes

Navas scored a great gorgeous gol today in the slaughter of Malta.

1 Like

@Brian @TimSpence2 @Mark_EG

1 Like

Spanish FA fucking about again, I feel sorry for Robert Moreno. Ditched so Luis Enrique can return as the national team head coach.