2019-2020 Non La Liga Discussions

In all honesty it was a bit unexpected, our squad is actually a mess and whilst it sounds slightly mental, it’s probably in our best interests to cash in on Zaha (subject to an actual decent bid!) and build the squad better. We can’t continue to rely on one player forever.

We played our usual way yesterday, on the counter attack. People forget how much better we are Away than at Home, we scored 3 at Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City last season and 4 at Leicester.

To be fair to @Brian and his lot last week, Chris Wilder (whom I really rate as a manager!), really done his homework and nullified our threat in that regard. Big clubs like Man Utd just seem to think they can turn up and steamroller us, and as yesterday showed we are a lot better than that.

I did actually put Palace to win in my 4 game accumulator. Sevilla won (had us down for a Draw!), Leverkusen won, and AFC Wimbledon lost (had a draw on that one too).

WBY scored his first today.

1 Like

Yea, uh, not just Wissam, but Muriel scored 2 golazos off the bench to complete a comeback. On his debut. What’s wrong with this fool!? :weary:

He’ll score 2 golazos now and some in between throughout the season while suck for the rest of the season missing sitters and playing like crap. Typical Muriel!

2 Likes

Golazos is a bit generous. :grin: I just watched the Serie A highlights and then suddenly remembered we had Salvatore Sirigu very briefly and about all I remember of him was getting sent off against Athletic Bilbao. Sevilla should steer clear of Italian keepers what with him and Morgan De Sanctis before him.

On the subject of keepers I saw Pau Lopez had a poor game for Roma. Never got why :poop: sold Adán and signed him, Adán is a much better keeper.

1 Like

Pau had a decent season for Espanyol before going to :poop: on a free, he was fortunate to join :poop: on a high and they had a good season which made him look better than he really is, now he’s almost a sure choice for 3rd keeper of the national team behind DDG and Kepa. Continuing the trend of the NT picking mediocre players such as Rodrigo and Suso.

Nice to see that doesn’t money buy everything! Credit to Norwich, a well deserved victory for them!

2 Likes

Norwich v Man City.

With only two ex Sevilla players Norwich beat the expensive brats.

3 Likes

I hope we get this same Real Madrid on Sunday. Only bright spots were James’ passes, which were superb. Hazard isn’t quite up to speed yet, but still has the ability to terrorize Navas. Only question is… which players of ours will take advantage and actually score the goals?

1 Like

Obviously not as star-studded as in previous years, but i still watch the Milan derby. Deserved 2-0 win by Inter. They’re my pick to win the title, as that’s what Conte does. On the other hand, Milan is lost as a football club, and their manager is clueless. I don’t see him finishing the season.

First game of my own playing season this morning, all ready to go in my Sevilla training kit. :joy: Hopefully a triple today with Erskine Rovers, Crystal Palace and Sevilla wins, that would be a great weekend. :pray:t2:

4 Likes

Was actually a disaster Sunday.

My team lost 3-2, the third opposition goal being mostly my fault. :man_facepalming::tired_face:

Sevilla lost to Real Madrid, and Palace drew 1-1 with Wolves, conceding a 95th minute equaliser. :unamused:

For however much i like this Wolves team, they’re dreadful right now and Nuno needs to think of something quick. That defense not holding up like last season. I honestly think Dendoncker’s their best defender and he’s playing midfield. :man_shrugging:

For Palace though, y’all def need a CF. Benteke isn’t like he was before. Who would you want to sign in January @SurreySevilla? (Assuming you guys will have some Zaha money :eyes:)

That goal by Ramos was so offside. Shame with replay, they still can’t get it right.

Not actually sure we will sell Zaha. If we do I can see it being a deal that sees Batshuayi come to Palace and to be honest we need him.

We need a Right Back badly too, we tried to get Reece James off of Chelsea in the Summer so if we got some cash and some sort of deal for those two players that would be a decent bit of business.

The trouble is Zaha is a good player but in realistic money he is probably worth £40m max but with the inflated Premier League money and how valuable he is to us his price is massively over inflated.

1 Like

El Toro putting Inter 1 up at Barcelona. :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

Messi played 90 mins and grew into that game, while Suárez ended up showing his class. They can come up with the goods at will. Won’t be an easy game on Sunday.

1 Like

The annoying thing is that Inter were completely on top for 55 minutes. As soon as Barca scored the equaliser, Inter fell apart. But Inter dominated them at times by going at them.

Just sitting back isn’t the way to go against this Barcelona team.

1 Like

With Messi playing on Sunday, I don’t see us getting any points against Barca either…

Adding to that is Lope’s dismal record against Barca. He would have to bounce back with a decent tactic…