2019-2020 Copa del Rey Thread

:eyes::eyes::eyes: Not all.

Yea Chris, don’t you at least want us to deliver the knockout blow? :wink:

I see what you did there. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Damn what a day! Atletico out, Celta out, Eibar out
Betis…maybe out?

1 Like

haha Betis out! Had such a chance…Alena and Tello both missed opportunities to put it away in ET

Another trophyless season at :poop:. At least I don’t have to worry about the teams playing one another now. :sweat_smile::tipping_hand_man:t2:

And taken out by another Red and White team :slight_smile:

My condolences Jim @SurreySevilla

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just seen the highlights…

3 take aways.

1. Was there no VAR, as De Jong was definitely offside for the third.

2. I thought Ocampos’ goal was good until I saw the GK was beaten practically in the middle of his goal. :man_facepalming:t2:

3. Why do we still insist on wearing those stupid Red socks when we cannot wear Black? Get some bloody White ones!!! :rage:

Certainly some surprises tonight. 4 la liga teams knocked out by lower teams.
Mirandes dreaming of getting through to the semi finals again as they did in the 2011/12 season.

https://twitter.com/CholoColcho/status/1220478871465840641?s=20

I wonder if Real Madrid and Barcelona will avoid each other all the way to the final. :roll_eyes::thinking:

Afraid it’s not a straight draw Chris.

The first teams to leave will be the only two survivors of Second Division B Subsequently they will do the four sets of Second Division and all of them will be paired with as many clubs of the highest category. Those six qualifiers will be played in the stadium of the lower category set. Once all the clubs in the silver and bronze division have an assigned rival, the four First teams remaining in the hype will be paired with each other, with locality for the squad whose ball comes out first.

The 16 classified teams are distributed in the following bowls

Second Division B Bowl (2): CD Badajoz and CyD Leonesa.

Second Division Bowl (4) Real Zaragoza, CD Tenerife, CD Mirandés and Rayo Vallecano.

First Division Bowl (10) CA Osasuna, Sevilla FC, FC Barcelona, ​​Athletic Club, Granada CF, Villarreal CF, Valencia CF, Real Sociedad, Real Madrid and CD Leganés.

Badajoz. :crossed_fingers:t3:

Badajoz vs Granada
Cultural Leonesa vs Valencia
Tenerife vs Athletic Bilbao
Real Zaragoza vs Real Madrid
Mirandés vs Sevilla
Rayo Vallecano vs Villarreal
Barcelona vs Leganés
Real Sociedad vs Osasuna

The last-16 ties are to be played in single-match format on Tuesday 28, Wednesday 29 and Thursday 30 January

1 Like

Mirandes, interesting!

Should be a nice way through; however, there pitch was a nasty looking thing yesterday. Hope no one gets injured.

I wonder things like logistics for this match. Does the team arrive the night before or the day of? If they arrive the night before, where do they stay? This town is really small and lacks the 5 star hotels they are used to staying in. There are a couple of 5 stars not super far away including this Frank Gehry designed thing that costs around 450 euros per night:

Another trip way up North again.