2019-2020 Copa del Rey Thread

Something we don’t find in the UK. Oh well :joy:

Why did Fernando get a yellow? I missed it.

So many tall players and we still can’t defend a set piece…

Keep an eye on time. Only 1 extra minute in that half when their player was down for a good 3 being tended to.

Decent half, improved in the latter parts. I hate how we take so long to find possession in the opponent’s half. It does draw them in sometimes and let’s us hit them with a quick break, but Navas’ crosses… :pensive:

Nolito hasn’t changed one bit. Always looks promising until he actually shoots.

Banega’s been great; insanely accurate through-balls to find Navas in space. And his setpieces have been nice too.

I’m all for Luuk getting some kind of momentum. Might be our only chance this season for that. :sweat_smile:

He tried the Hand of God.

1 Like

We were good. Navas had some good crosses, it was Ocampos’ that were WTF moments.

Golazo Ocampos!

3 Likes

Ocampos is the main man. Just glad to have in back, he’s easily our biggest spark and creative player in this team. Just hope he can avoid picking up cards. Vamos!

3 Likes

Banega was really good. He needed to come off though. Seemed a bit gassed.

3 Likes

Yeah he also with Ocampos is our most creative player. However, he does tire into 2nd half so right move to give him a rest.

Goal Oliver Torres! Assist by Mr. Luuk De Jong!

1 Like

Great play by Sevilla! Nice finish by Oliver and De jong showing his quality again haha! :soccer::+1:

1 Like

Got lucky there. Luuk clearly offside.

1 Like

Nice to see some speed up top with En-Nesyri tracking that down.

2 Likes

Very lively end to the game with a very active En-Nesyri. Lots more movement off the ball, taking part in the buildup as well. Almost scored a scissor-kick that woulda made the RSP go insane. Despite not scoring, which he did have a couple chances to, he made a good impression on the home crowd.

Óliver had a decent game overall. We’ll need him to be at least this good on the weekend, since Banega is suspended. (These Argentines and their damn bookings. :roll_eyes:) Gudelj can be a good stand-in for Jordán if he doesn’t make it back next game either.

I got so lost in the draw last time. NOW we’re in the Sweet 16! :smile:

2 Likes

Wish I had watched this, the Crystal Palace game I went to watch tonight was absolutely fucking abysmal. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage:

1 Like

Will VAR be present from the next round or from quarters only?

Otra de las principales novedades de esta ronda de Copa del Rey es que seguirá sin haber VAR. El videoarbitraje no estuvo presente ni en las rondas previas ni en los primeros encuentros en los que entraron los equipos de LaLiga Santander y no lo estará en los dieciseisavos. No será hasta la siguiente ronda, la de octavos, en la que haga presencia.

1 Like

Couldn´t watch, ofcourse looked the notifications and saw we were winning, so that felt good. And scoring goals, 3 of them, not bad guys. Way above our 1.2 average. Crazy. Insane actually haha.

Just saw the highlights looked alright. Great first goal, Fernando pressuring very far up, the mistake, and getting it back to finish calmly. Love this guy. Ocampos shot was so hidden the GK couldn´t see shit around his defence. Indeed we had some more chances but nothing too crazy…

Looking ahead to Granada, lets go Boys.

1 Like

From what you pasted there, it says round of 16, which is next round. I heard the commentator from the game say the quarters, but elsewhere i’m reading it’s indeed next round.

And btw, De Jong was offside for the 3rd goal. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Some great games today.
Barca played terrible and barely sneaked out a win at Ibiza.
Athletic stepped off the line (keeper was clearly yards off the line) to win a shootout with Elche.
Granada was pushed to ET with Badalona (our boy Carlos Fernandez got the third goal in ET.)
Valladolid dropped to Tenerife.

Tomorrow we are all Vallecano fans as they take on Betis.