2019-2020 Copa del Rey Thread

Didn’t seem to be on the list for some reason.

If anyone wondered about the Logroñés thing, the very first time I watched Revista de La Liga on Sky Sports here in the UK the first game they showed was Logroñés getting hammered about 6-0, and I have always felt sorry for them ever since. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I’m starting to like the new Copa Del Rey format. About time it was set to be a one-leg tie until the semis… I’d even have the semis be one match… why not? Much much more exciting. In the previous years it was very boring until at least the quarters anyway, the winners were 99% known beforehand when playing home and away. The idea of a team giving their all against the likes of Barca, RM, Atletico (even us), trying to win the tie sounds very interesting.

We’ll now have a match against a different opponent every week up until the first leg of the semis if we make it that far (hopefully) by 12th of February.

We should beat Levante, although it’s a tough draw considering there are teams that got second and third tier opponents in the draw.

Something really odd about having the Super Copa mid season now though. :unamused:

Round of 32 matchup vs Levante, under the bright lights of the Ramón Sánchez-Pizjuán. Will En-Nesyri get his 1st start in front of the home crowd?

#VamosMiSevilla

The answer is no. But all is well cause we like De Jong now, right?

1 Like

He was more impressive against Real. If he can recreate that more often. We may soften up to him. 2 goals in 2 games (should be 3 goals in my opinion) may help the confidence too.

Why doesn’t En Nesiry start this one is beyond me.

because he just joined and hasn’t gotten integrated fully? Because De Jong had a great game against RM?

Banega delivered Navas a wonderful ball. Navas crossed but Nolito wasn’t quick enough to get on it. 4’

This game on TV anywhere?

ESPN plus in the US.

Can’t fully integrate if he doesn’t play. De Jong did well but he could’ve rested for this one. Or why Nolito and not En Nesiry for him? He played in a 2 striker formation in Leganes mostly, with him being on the left side but transitioning to the right and center.

Keeper out of goal, Nolito puts it wide. Rust showing there.

Sevilla on the front foot. Goal by Fernando! Now we are in the Puerta minute and Sevilla are giving Levante all kinds of trouble.

Fernando! Vamos, 1-0 us!!

1 Like

Nolito again is all out of form trying to hit the back of the net. Pushes it wide instead of banging it into an upper corner.

Cheers for the updates Chris. Can’t seem to find a steam anywhere for it on any of my steaming devices. The only channel I can’t find is espn plus. Have every other espn :joy:

Yeah that is their streaming service that you have to pay for. It’s included in the new Disney Plus bundle.

The assholes score off a great header. 1-1 32’