2018-19 SFC Summer Transfer Window

Experiments (even the weirdest ones) are good for pre-season - not in the middle of the official season like the nut Sampaoli did.

The first two or three games are usually messy but this game had a really good first half and looked well organized.

Agreed with Jolazo, Carriço looked great, Mesa, Nolito, Ben Yedder too. Amadou looked OK on the ball but throws his weight around maybe too much.

Pareja average, Pejiño looked dull and slow on the left, but became much better on the right. Escudero barely contributed to the game, Correa couldn’t keep possession and Borja Lasso gave possession away at every oportunity.

Second half was another matter, mainly Sevilla Atletico players (why, I have no idea, with just 3 games to prepare for UEFA) and it was a total disaster of organization. Only Corchia and Vazquez from the main squad and both were well below standard, The new goalkeeper seemed OK. One good shot from Arana but he was otherwise average.

The game plan was entirely long ball from defence, follow it upfield, claim territory, keep pressing.

And we still have Ganso in limbo.

7 goals and 6 assists from 27 games, half as substitute, are very healthy stats, but clearly the club don’t want him.

Being linked with Djene from Getafe. He’s good, but he’s also tiny for a CB

Djene also has a €35M release clause, so we’ll see if Getafe will negotiate. I wouldn’t blame them for holding out like we did.

We’re also linked with Alexander Djiku from Caen. Similarly to Djene, they’d both add more pace to our backline.

As it stands, we have Kjær, Mercado, Carriço, Pareja & Berrocal (canterano) in defence, if i were to rank them. We’re adding 2 new CBs, which means we’ll gamble on either Pareja or Carriço this season. I’d keep neither player. Does anybody feel differently?

I’d give Carrico half a season to see if he can stay fit. Pareja has lost too much pace to play at this level.

Interesting performance by Pejiño in last nights 2-0 victory over Real Murcia, the youngster had one or two ‘Neymar’ like moments (with the ball, not rolling along the ground). Despite being left footed he’s totally useless on the left but doing great work in the centre and right.

Lol… hard to define a Neymar moment :stuck_out_tongue:

I really hope we don’t get the spoiled Kalinic at all costs! Avoid him like plague!

ED reports a €5M deal with Celta Vigo for CB Sergi Gómez.

It’s the wrong Gómez if you ask me, but maybe we’re still in for Maxi. Also, it’s possible we’re not going in for €10-15M priced defenders in order to splash on a top quality CF. As long as it ain’t Kalinic, i’m confident Caparrós & co. will pick the right man for the role.

Well that’s it, supercupa confirmed for Tanger (direct flights from Barcelona already organized).

So it’s UEFA in July, Supercopa in Africa, whatever next, World Cup in winter?

Lots of rumours about Sergio Rico being sold on local radio all day.

Is Sevilla gonna take the ferry from Tarifa? What a joke.

I agree with Carrico. He should be given a chance to fight for his position since he lost it do to injury. If he can’t stay healthy, let him go as soon as possible.

There’s going to be a major boycott of the game.

The league calendar is out at 12:00 noon, and the format has changed so that fixtures in the second 19 games do not correspond with the first 19. This is crazy, you’ll remember that this year we played Atletico 3 times in a week (two cup games and one league), now it will be possible to play the same team 4 times in 2 weeks. To me that’s boredom inducing

It’s not confirmed officially but apparently we have bought 21 year old defender Joris Gnagnon from Rennes, market value €15m transfermkt.

We’ve been linked with him last year I think. Could be a worthwhile addition!

1 Like

First game Rayo Vallecano away.

Betis - Sevilla Sept 2
Sevilla - Betis April 4

1 Like

XIt’s time to let Nzonzi go. He’s had some great years with us. However, last season we could see his heart wasn’t in it at times. If we can get 36 million for him that’s an absolute steal. We can buy some good players with that money.

Yep, the fixtures are out. I’m excited and not a bad start for us. Rayo will be tricky first up but we got the quality and experience to start well.

We will be match hard going into the season as we got crucial Europa qualifiers and also a supercup with Barca. That’s a plus, the downside is we could get injuries.

We will see but I’m excited for the new era. Pablo Machín did a top job at Girona. Let’s hope he can take Sevilla back to the top level!

Sergi Gomez is a done deal

1 Like

If we sell Tucu to Lazio, we’re going to be the slowest team in La Liga. This killed us last year and it’s going to kill us again.