2018-19 SFC Summer Transfer Window

Two transfers in one day.

2 Likes

Gnagnon in for 15m and Sergi Gomez for 4-5m. Gomez will be a good ball playing centre back for 4-5m. Gnagnon seems to have a lot of potential, don’t know much about him. And Correa seems to be leaving for Lazio. I liked him. Lots of dribbling and flair. Maybe we need to raise money for a wingback or a forward that fit in Machin system

1 Like

Mixed feelings about Correa. He’s fast, powerful and a good dribbler, but very frustrating once he got near the box. I feel like he was constantly making the wrong choice between passing or shooting. Also he missed that big champs league PK against Leicester which stung a lot.

1 Like

We now have a lot of CB’s to choose from with the latest 2 arrivals.

Mercado, Kjaer, Carrico, Pareja, Amadou, Gnagnon and Gomez.

I think Pareja will see very litte playing time if all are ready/fit and not sure what will happen to Carrico. Also, Amadou might help in the midfield as well (he can play as DM) and Mercado can help at the right flank of 3-5-2 if we need to be more defensive.

We also have Corchia and Navas that can feature at the right flanks, however, pretty sure that we can’t solely count on Escudero for the left flank. Arana needs to be loaned out to get experience with playing time and we need to get a decent LB or LM with defensive abilities for the system.

1 Like

Yes plent of options at CB positions. Corchia and Navas were very injury prone, maybe an opportunity for an youngster if rest is needed. Left wingback position can also be filled occasionally by Sarabia. Anyway another left wing back is needed. I like Diego Laxalt alot. Watched him with Uruguay, very good player would do the job for Sevilla.

New links to CFs in Pedro Guilherme (Fluminense) & Vincent Aboubakar (Porto). Reports from Brazil say we’re offering €7M+Ganso to sign Pedro. While for Aboubakar, Sevilla papers say we might start with an €18M-20M bid. However, both players are said to have that mountain of a €50M release clause. We’ll see how this plays out.

I hope we get Aboubakar instead. Still good if we get both, but the modern football Brazilians tend to be weaker than before, especially the ones coming directly from the Brazil league. Arana failed, so it’s very risky to pay anything more than 1 million (we paid like 300k for Alves) for a Brazilian coming from the Brazil league.

Splashing 12 mill for Arana was a huge mistake as it seems.

1 Like

Seems like there are four clubs after Nzonzi, Arsenal, Barca, Juventus and Roma, the thing is if he’s not happy in Sevilla then clearly he has to go but there’s a danger that nobody wants to pay the clausula (Roma talking €25m) and I’m not sure if his clausula goes up in August. Sevilla might have to take a dip on the price.

The other club interested in Correa was apparently Real Sociedad, though that could be a Sevilla ploy to expedite the transfer to Lazio.

I see Roque Mesa has grabbed the number 7 shirt and Nolito the number 8. Who was number 8? Vazquez hasn’t changed from 22 so that might signify something, for example his exit.

I’m thinking there will be another 5 signings still to come.

MKD wore 7. Arana was 8 after Iborra left.

Some reports saying we’re about to close the signing of Aleix Vidal after upping the offer to 9m. Just need a proper number 9 now and we are sorted.

1 Like

Reportedly we’ve projected 20-25 million for that special nr 9. Maxi Gomez, Batshuayi, Aboubakar are already known rumors. We could have a sub like Fran Sol for around 5 million just in case the first choice won’t be able to play.

This could be one of our best transfer windows in years. Getting some great players, which are suited to us. Stoked with excitement for the new season! Vamos Sevilla!

Plus Nzonzi going is great news, he was a bad apple in the squad last year, he’s been great for us till last season but we can tell he wants to move on. Let him, get good money for him and we have new reinforcements.

1 Like

I hope they will also sell Muriel/WBY, nolito, Vazquez, Rico along with nzonzi and correa. Basically every attackers.
Sold before premier league transfer windows end.

2 Likes

I’d keep WBY but otherwise I’d like to see the team completely rebuilt, I want to see the back of Banega, Mudo, Arana and Muriel.

My keep list is shorter than my sell list, keep Navas, Mercado, WBY, Escudero, keep the five we’ve bought obvisouly, maybe Ganso too, add Pejiño but he needs to change to his official surname Crespo. Keep buying, especially two decent forwards and wingers.

Right now, I count 4 creative attacking players in our squad. Sarabia is the only one who’s reached double digit assists the last two seasons. Banega is the best player in the squad. Mudo and Nolito are enigmas. We need to add creators. Having 7 CBs and 3 RWBs isn’t going to help unless we’re trying to imitate Getafe.

Sevilla are interested in signing Valencia striker Simone Zaza this summer after giving up hope on other attacking options, say reports in Spain.

Not sure it gets more underwhelming than that.

Signing Zaza would only make sense if we’d get Aboubakar as well. Can’t rely on him as the nr. 9 for the whole season, a bit non-serious I’d say!

3 at least solid strikers are needed for this system, two target men and one of WBY/Muriel.

I hope that the VMS rumors are not true, otherwise, why the actual heck would we make an offer for Munir?

Rumors of Munir and Vidal both coming to Sevilla. That sounds good too me. Not sure the money that it would take though.