2018-19 SFC Summer Transfer Window

I’d do that in a second. He was incredible last year

1 Like

Way better than the Niang option.

I like our ambition this season. We really pushing the boat out. We strengthening in all positions. Plus I’m pleased we have got rid of Nzonzi. He was great for us but last season he was more of a bad apple in squad. Plus I’m happy rico has gone. Nothing against him but he wasn’t reliable, I think we have a better GK now

1 Like

I’m not 100% happy about Rico only because the loan doesn’t have a purchase option (obligatory would’ve been nice).

We’re finally witnessing what a real goalkeeper looks like with Vaclik (hope I won’t jinx him!)

1 Like

Is anybody else not content with Arana as the only sub to Escudero or I’m the only one?

LB’s are not even being mentioned/rumored among other players.

1 Like

He deserves at least half a season. Let’s see what he can do.

1 Like

I worry about Arana defensively. Even in a back 5! I haven’t seen any news for a LB either, so maybe Machín’s taking his time with him.

1 Like

14,000 turned out for the Betis training session yesterday. Getafe can’t get that many for a league game. The Beticos are crazy enthusiastic,they think they’re going to win la liga let’s hope for the normal result of over confidence.

Morales scores the 0-2 for Levante. This was the player I wanted Sevilla to buy, if Messi had scored the same goal it would be legend for a century.

0-3 Morales 2

I’m still laughing after watching Betis tonight. How the hell did they lose that? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Lol at betis! That might lower their expectations haha :rofl:

Sevilla flooded the market with rumours. Maybe another deadline day special on the horizon? We were linked with so many attackers this past week. This is what that list looks like now:

• MARIANO DÍAZ :dominican_republic: :es: (Lyon)
• Julian DRAXLER :de: (PSG)
• Maxwel CORNET :cote_divoire: :fr: (Lyon)
• PORTU :es: (Girona - €25M exit clause)
• Iago FALQUÉ :es: (Torino)
• Allan SAINT-MAXIMIN :fr: (Nice)
• Luis ALBERTO :es: (Lazio)
• Anthony MARTIAL :fr: (Man Utd - loan)
• TAISON :brazil: (Shakhtar)
• Nicolas PEPE :cote_divoire: :fr: (Lille)
• Mbaye NIANG :senegal: :fr: (Torino)
• Nemanja RADONJIC :serbia: (Crvena zvezda)
• MUNIR El Haddadi :es: :morocco: (Barcelona)
• Rodrigo DE PAUL :argentina: :it: (Udinese)

The Mariano news is interesting. He’s the player Machín really wanted. We’re rumoured to have made a 3rd offer of €40M. There’s also something about a 35% sign-on fee going to Real Madrid. How come we didn’t go for him before we got Andre Silva? Will we play both together in a 3-4-3? Or will we switch to 3-5-2? WBY was subbed in at LW tonight, so i don’t know what to make of this impending signing.

We were heavily linked with Draxler at the start of the week, but word is that after PSG asked for a €7M loan fee, we might look elsewhere.

Add Quincy Promes to that list. Another guy who played well against us that we are now looking at.

1 Like

From links with Draxler and Martial (wishful thinking) to links with Mahmoud Hassan and such, way to go.

We better bring in a LB/LM and a CF/RW before it’s too late.

It seems that Portu and Mariano Diaz will be our 2 last signings for this window after all. Machin thinks Aleix could cover for Escudero on the left, but he’s not a natural left flanker, so it’s always a risk. Escudero will be out for a good 2 months or more and it will be a high risk with only Arana and Nolito as natural left flankers. The left flank could’ve only been balanced with someone like Draxler.

Mariano deal looks increasingly likely, I think that would signify that Muriel goes to Sporting. Still can’t believe that Sevilla will pay 40 kilos because it doesn’t sound right. If we are prepared to pay 40m then we should be prepared to defend offers of 30m for our players.

Maybe we’ll pay 35m + objectives but that would still signify a lot of ambition from Sevilla, something we have never seen before. I’m not sure to whether to celebrate or worry about such ambition, but truly it’s a benchmark moment for the level that Sevilla have achieved, uncork the champagne if it happens.

Last I’ve read it’s 30 + 5 in variables, but that’s still more than Roma paid for a World Cup winner and a proven player like N’Zonzi. Age could be an advantage for Mariano, but you’re right, even that’s too much for a Dominican Republic national team player at 25. He could be a hidden gem for us though, then we’d weigh in whether to keep Andre Silva more at the end of the season more calmly.

The other thing is, what if Vaclik won’t be able to play? Are we really counting on Soriano as a back-up?

Seems like the sons of bitches of RM are exercising the matching offer of 30+5 for Mariano and they’ll get him. Screw that… let’s get Quincy (or Maximin/Cornet) and get done with this shit already!

I hope they do. Mariano’s good, but 35m for a backup striker is stupid. We have to add some attacking mids to rotate with Sarabia and Mudo.

1 Like