Vincenzo Montella

Montella leads Turkish National team to the Euros after beating Croatia away from home. We looked completely different under Montella. He made the team play direct football, deadly counter attacks too-what Sevilla needs to play like. He is not afraid to land talented young players in matches that are super-important. İnstead of Merih and Çağlar, the center of defense was consisted of Abdülkerim and Samet, who have never played before. And they proved fit.

Before the National team, he first took on a coaching job at Adana Demirspor, a fairly small club in Turkish Süper League. He got 20 wins in 37 matches and 8 draws in one season.

Why did we not keep him? The guy is underrated
We had good games with him, beatin RM 3-0.

1 Like

I cannot remember him well. But he went winless in his last 9 matches.

But two games against 17/18 Barca, two against Bayern, one Villareal and one Celta. Six matches of those nine were really though and cannot be fully blamed on him, though.

The only trend I see between his scorelines during his time at Sevilla is that when he lost, he lost BIG. 3-5 vs :poop:, 1-5 vs Eibar, 2-5 vs Atletico, 0-4 vs Celta and 0-5 vs Barca. I guess that’s why the board might’ve wanted a change.

5 Likes

Because we used to score 4 goals under Montella but concede 6.

5 Likes

5-1 v Eibar I think that swayed it.

3 Likes

Eibar… Leganes… All teams like that, that always seemed to beat us, and beat us well.

2 Likes

Funny thing, in Turkey there is a line that football fans love to say when they want to bad mouth the opposite team:

“Osasuna attacks that happens rarely”

What they don’t know is that Osasuna is no longer the same team that they are so used to seeing getting beaten by Barça 7-0😄

1 Like

I was at first very confused that @Rene1 was such a big fan of the Turkish Superlig but then I looked closely and realized that you all may just need to have a cage match to decide who gets to use the picture of Kanouté in that jersey, looking to the heavens. Otherwise, I’m pretty certain I’m never going to be able to tell you two apart.

1 Like

I agree! There can be only one fan of King Fredi Kanoute on a Sevilla supporters forum.

This town ain’t big enough for the both of us. I challenge you to a duel @sevillafan!

2 Likes

I realised that too when i was just passively reading the forum. In any way, not putting Kanoute’s picture up on anything assosicated with love for Sevilla was a no-go for me. He happens to be one of the key factors that led me to develop an affection towards Sevilla.

Well, as for the Turkish Süper League, I suggest you all follow it, which can be fun. Can also be source of massive talent. Or massive disappointment-Marcao😁

3 Likes

Not a fan of the league but have always backed Fenerbahce to win the league. But one of my favourite strikers plays in the Turkish League so…

2 Likes

İcardi?

2 Likes

Indeed. One of the best finishers of a football I have ever seen. Just a shame he’s such an absolute wanker of a person.

2 Likes