UEFA Champions League 2022/23 Thread

Our supporters did make a friendly gesture to their fans.
After the third goal went in the whole fondo stood and waved goodbye to them. :wave: :grin:

4 Likes

Atletico out of Europe after losing 2-1 to Porto away tonight. Not even in EL…

4 Likes

Good for us that they’ve dropped out of Europe full stop.

Makes our EL prospects more favourable if we’re prioritising this being in a relegation battle…

1 Like

Popping up this thread randomly to see if there’s interest in the UCL matches today and tomorrow. Not to suggest I care enough to watch them, but certainly curious to see what happens.

I gotta say, for me the perhaps most interesting thing to watch is that Inter and AC Milan both play in the same stadium :stadium: (San Siro), so last week’s match and this week’s match are both “home” for both teams, with the curious note that one team gets the control of tickets one week and the other gets control of tickets for the other week.

So technically, Inter won the “away” match last week while AC Milan was “home”. So the next match will be a bit weird where it’s the same stadium but now with a majority of Inter fans, so it will still feel a bit more favorable to Inter, not to mention the fact that they’re guarding a 2-goal lead.

Anybody here have loyalties in UCL semis?

1 Like

I’m only slightly interested in the Man City vs. RM match… and would like for one of those teams to win it (yes, even RM before Inter or Milan).

2 Likes

I am a big fan of Haaland. I have been for years now, and even though he has done some damage to Sevilla, I still like to see him do well. I would like to see him take it to Madrid tomorrow.

2 Likes

I’m rewatching Juve game :wink:

I watched the AC Milan v. Inter Milan game. Is was meh. I still believe Italian football has the worst flippers in Europe. For the first 20 minutes there is quite a bit of flopping. The slightest touch and people go flying like they’ve been shot. The game eventually got better but still just meh.

I am looking forward to the Real Madrid v. Man City game tomorrow. I am also a fan of Haaland. I like the majority of RM players individually except Vini. He is a whiny b**** and I want to see Haaland pound some goals in and shut him up.

2 Likes

Vini, Grealish or Foden. I can’t make up my mind who I would get tired of slapping first.

2 Likes

¿Por qué no los tres? :crazy_face:

Man City have been dominating the first half. RM are lucky to not be down 4-0. I can’t see Inter doing much against Man City. Unless RM slip the ref bags of money at half, I believe Man City will win the Champions League

Man City finally gonna take that next step huh?

1 Like

Man City best team in the world. Incredible side!

Not really a fan

2 Likes

Man City finally making the English media hype a bit more respectable. I never seen a team make Real Madrid look like pub team like city did. Unless something crazy happens, inter have no chance.

2 Likes

Not hard really though when they’ve spent something like £1.5bn on players!

It’s not an underdog story, to be expected really.

I’m no fan either.

3 Likes

Busch Beer GIF by Busch

3 Likes

Guys I know how we can have Sevilla win lots of CL. We have Elon Musk buy Sevilla and dump all his wealth into buying the best players.

We’ll be the “underdog” story of the century! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I would’ve preferred RMA to win, but I’m also of the philosophy of getting as much money out of the hands of the EPL and into La Liga even though Madrid doesn’t need it

1 Like