UCL R16 - 2nd Leg: Dortmund v Sevilla FC [20/21]

Working overnight, so couldn’t watch the match. Only request is to go out all guns blazing, even if they lose at least they tried. Both teams are in pretty shit form so anything can happen. :rofl:

4 Likes

Let’s do this lads… :muscle:t3::muscle:t3::muscle:t3: Vamos mi Sevilla! Tonight is do or die for our season now. Rather go out with a bang and lose 3-2, than play like crap like we tend to in these games and win 0-1.

3 Likes

According to Radio Marca Bono & Kounde play.
I hope their info is correct.

Vamos mi Sevilla. Échale huevos

7 Likes

I never dream like very very very rarely dream (or I don’t remember them). I dreamed last night we went up 1 early and then got a late penalty to go through.

4 Likes

Hi all, well call me what you like but I think we need some pace in the front line tonight and for that reason i’d put Munir in the front 3 alongside En-Nesyri & Ocampos who is due a MOTM performance…
Jordan & Torres in the midfield with Fernando sitting just in front of the back line but slotting in when the fb’s push forward to support the attack.
I do have reservations about the counter-attack but feel if we are going to get anything from this we need to be pro-active and not reactive, so need to play high and take a chance on getting the 1st goal then hopefully we can push on and give them some problems, but we need to have Ocampos & Munir playing inverted striker roles and get their defence on the back foot…
Daz

6 Likes

It will be interesting to see how jittery Dortmund get if we score early. Their defence is still crap, so trying to hold us to 0-1 for 75-80-85 minutes without conceding again will be a real struggle for them.

I doubt if we score early they will be willing to attack like they were two weeks ago, as their defence is always due to concede.

1 Like

7 months since you have been on here! Man I thought you loved us. :wink:

1 Like

Is it really? Woow, sorry mate…i’m here to stay now!!

2 Likes

yes @SurreySevilla I also think an early goal might just give them the wobbles! Hence why I have gone for Munir over Suso, as I think Ocampos better coming in from the right with Navas overlapping, and Munir could be the inverted striker that comes inside to draw defenders…That’s the plan anyway

2 Likes

I wish we would try Ocampos back on the right. He hasn’t played there all year after dominating last year on that flank.

2 Likes

Mainly because Suso has been surprisingly good for the most part.

1 Like

Let’s do this! If anyone can, that’s our sevilla

5 Likes

Woot woot!

2 Likes

Too many ifs. For instance, if Diego Carlos doesn’t panic defending Haaland again, or if Vaclík does indeed start. But we need to go there and dominate. I need my man Suso to show his worth in a big game. It’s been too many times he’s looked ordinary in the face of adversity.

Only reason i don’t want this is cause that front 3 would lack variety, and neither of them are great creators. That’s why i’d like at least a Suso or Papu to complement Ocampos on the other flank, and take some heat off Óliver (hopefully).

2 Likes

I don’t particularly drink but thought I might need one tonight. :crossed_fingers:t2::grimacing:

7 Likes

Only reason i don’t want this is cause that front 3 would lack variety, and neither of them are great creators. That’s why i’d like at least a Suso or Papu to complement Ocampos on the other flank, and take some heat off Óliver (hopefully).

I get that but I think having a left footed player on the left and a right on the right who can both become that 2nd striker with striker instincts would help more, and if Torres can move the ball around and switch play fast enough I feel we have a better chance to get at them and get early balls into the box…

2 Likes

I dread it if I see either Rakitic or Papu’s names in the starting XI. :fearful:

2 Likes

We should go for 3 goals tonight, at least. Any other approach/calculation in mind and we’re out even before it begins. It is doable, we definitely can do it and vs. this Dortmund’s defense it is possible. It will be all up to whether we’re 100% focused and want to do it or not, the quality and the possibility is there.

I’m also not aware of any other top-league team doing a remontada after conceding a remontada 1 week prior in different competitions. We’d surely enter the football history books :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Bono; Jesús Navas, Koundé, Diego Carlos, Acuña; Fernando, Joan Jordán, Óscar Rodríguez; Suso, Ocampos y En-Nesyri .

Just hope we can shoot for once. We need goals

2 Likes