UCL MD6: Sevilla FC at Man City [22/23]

I think we are allergic to attacking.

3 Likes

Julian Alvarez, 2-1. Aaannnndddd down we gooo
 ooo
oo.

1 Like

Had to put KdB on to beat us. :wink:

Carmona should never have put his boots on today. Not at this level, perhaps CDR.

1 Like

I said this for ages. And he ain’t even a CB either. :sweat_smile:

I’m running the numbers and the back passes outnumber the forward passes.

2 Likes

Annoys me loads of stuff lists him as Carmona. He was always José Ángel in the youth teams.

1 Like

The 17 year old Rico Lewis having an impressive game, as young as he is.

2 Likes

:man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Punished again, big men football indeed.

2 Likes

We shouldn’t worry about this game much anyway. This level is way over our head, that we shouldn’t even care about. Let’s just go Europa League and try and compete there, against some Belgium, French and Dutch teams.

4 Likes

Would love to know Bono’s pass accuracy tonight. Must have been about 5%. :rofl:

2 Likes

Well at least we scored and didn’t disgrace ourselves. We aren’t in their league so we move on and take the positives.

Our cup final is Sunday and let’s hope for the best. Vamos!

5 Likes

I’m afraid we won’t be able to, and really worried about lots of players in the team who do not resemble professional footballers at all.

Seems like a mission impossible for Sampaoli, but let’s see if the ‘patching’ from Monchi will work in January, or the team is really doomed this season.

What has Lope done to Sevilla
 Porto fans told us about the nightmares they had with him and after he left, too much to fix now, could be overwhelming.

The real question is - are these players capable of doing anything else than the pathetic back-passing and Lope-ball type of play? That surely won’t work out long term and is costing us this season, especially with that shaky defense, mix of inexperience and injury-proneness.

Acuna is saving himself for the WC
 Papu too, not even playing full matches and probably in accordance with Sampa. Would be surprised if they play a full 90 (especially Acuna) vs. Betpiss.

We can’t get out of the opponent’s high pressing
 too many things wrong with these players.

5 Likes

His kicking has been crap the last few games he’s played.

3 Likes

I didn’t even realise he was playing for the 1st 30mins or so.

5 Likes

That was probably me. And most of the time, he is. But with no coverage and an open goal today, at least he put it away. So I still mostly think he’s rubbish, but a goal on Manchester City’s home turf is worthy of praise.

2 Likes

The WC break can’t come soon enough. I really don’t wanna judge these players until after that, but we’re shooting ourselves in the foot so much. Bono trusts his right foot as much as he trusts Jose Angel with the ball, and the buildup suffers on that side. Marcao is not at 100% and is no Diego Carlos w/ his distribution, so we’re kinda dancing w/ lady luck getting out the back.

I’d actually like to see more of Delaney, although he’s probably not the sort of player Sampaoli has plans for. He can at least provide us with some protection that is lacking severely from Fernando’s absence. Cause that won’t come from anybody else, especially w/ Gudelj having to cover at CB.

I think it was a good plan to have a quicker Papu lead the press, and Rafa defend the RW – a simple job, but making sure he contributes defensively, and not entirely isolated. Good finish on the goal, but his other shots are just proving Ryan is Moore & Moore right about him. :upside_down_face:

The only match I expect these guys to win is the Copa match at Velarde. It’s a shame, cause we’re about to play some scrubs, but we’re too busy playing ourselves into trouble that any opposition we face looks formidable. Regardless, that TeamInGreen can still bring it. They got no better chance than this one to look ‘aight’ against us. If there’s one good thing Lope did in the league, was not losing against this sorry bunch.

VAMOS MI SEVILLA !!

3 Likes

Unironically Bono was the ‘top’ passer yesterday. 63 passes, 15 more than the second one, 80% precision.

2 Likes

That was his injury and the injury before, getting a twinge after kicking the ball, it happened in the warm up for one game 20 minutes before kick-off. I think he gets the twinge and then worries about his world cup place.

We are lucky that the world cup break comes so soon, Sampaoli has said there’s been hardly any time to work on tactics with two games a week, also that the players are lacking stamina.

3 Likes