UCL MD5: Sevilla FC vs Copenhagen [22/23]

The amount of times pundits and pros have said Suso’s best position is a 10. Yet he literally never ever gets played there so we might as well fucking sell him.

1 Like

Suso is so predictibale. The scouting says will always shoot with his left and defenders play him to protect against it. He offers nothing else. I don’t know if any team in the league will want him. He’s also contracted until 2025 so unloading him will not be easy. Hard to believe he’s only 28, he looks and plays like a 38 year old.

As for Kasper, he might as well be the ghost, because you don’t notice him on the pitch. He’s had three shots in 297 minutes of play. Worse at 6’1" he’s only won 33% of his aerial duels. That stuck out to me yesterday. Anytime something in the air, he failed.

4 Likes

Just been watching that Isco goal over and over today.

Pure class from a top quality player.

5 Likes

Exactly. For Jordan, it’s just a question of whether you notice him for playing badly or don’t notice him at all. This match was thankfully a “don’t notice him at all” match.

And re: previous comments about Dolberg, I am afraid to say you’re all right. He just isn’t showing up. I’m always a patient fan, so I hope to see him figure something out, but so far, not going to cut it. Was surprised to see him subbed out at half, but I get it…

Last, anyone know what’s up with YEN injury? :face_with_head_bandage:

Hoping the comment about World-Cup-itis is right. Imagine this team with Rafa Mir and Dolberg as our only strikers.

:see_no_evil:

1 Like

Barca out of the Champions League and dropping into Europa.

Not good for us. Atleti could join us yet also.

Champions League not going well for La Liga sides other than Real no surprise.

1 Like

Sampaoli said.
"He had a problem in the hamstring and asked for the change. “We will see how serious it is,”
referring to the medical tests that will be done.

2 Likes

Can’t recall at which phase UEL drops the “no pairings from same country” rule. I think I recall it’s now immediately after the group phase, is that right?

Anyhow, here’s the thing, in December Barcelona will need to sort out their finances, while we just need to rearrange a bit, offload some assets that are better of elsewhere and bring in assets that fill in our gaps. And if we can recover the Sevilla of old where even players like Coke and Luna are superstars…we can take down some giants.

2 Likes

Last season it was up until the Quarters that teams from the same association couldn’t be drawn together, should be the same this season - so we won’t face Barca or Atletico until then.

2 Likes

Atletico in EL too (could still get eliminated altogether from Europe)… it could be 5 La Liga teams in the EL knockout phase if Betpiss and Sociedad go through.

3 Likes