UCL MD5: Sevilla FC vs Copenhagen [22/23]

Must win!

4 Likes

Need to win this for confidence and financial reasons. We need some form of Europe this season to keep our finances okay and keep our stock/image as a club high.

It won’t be easy but I feel there has been more to be positive about since Sampaoli came in. Let’s hope we can keep playing the way we are and creating more chances.

We will still struggle as he needs time to find the new identity/formula and we need better strikers in the transfer windows. Until then though I noticed the passion is back and we are at least playing a bit more entertaining and creating more opportunities.

Need to win or we risk finishing bottom which would be very disappointing. Let’s do this. Vamos!

6 Likes

Yes, a must win game.

Win and we should drop into the Europa League, a competition which I really think we should put a lot of energy into this season as it may be our only viable chance of getting into Europe. I think Copa should be another priority for us as that could be another route into Europe and a trophy.

Doing well in both cup competitions will also generate some excitement as mid table very well could be about as much as we can hope for in the league.

6 Likes

Rekik and Acuña back training today, possible starters for the game.

9 Likes

7 Likes

This is a must-win if we want to continue our European adventure in the EL - otherwise, it could get complicated.

9 Likes

Good to see Rekik on his way back and good news that Fernando is due to train tomorrow. Still a lot we must do before new year with an extremely restricted central defence. I think Acuña might have got a paranoia of losing the world cup and is being ‘special’ with his aches and twinges.

Some of the players got stick from Sampi in an interview. The most roundly dismissed was Januzaj for his failure to understand the system. Maybe he’ll start?

Also criticized Dolberg for his failure to integrate and mix socially with team mates.

5 Likes

Our biggest needs in January is a Centre Back and a Striker.

Everything else can wait until the Summer for me. But a CB so we don’t need to rely on Jose Angel and Kike Salas, and a Striker who is different to YEN, Rafa Mir and Dolberg… Two must sorts for me.

6 Likes

This :arrow_up:

Plus Ocampos back, not sure if I’m sentimental or just plain mental but I want to see what Sampi can do with him.

5 Likes

From Dolberg his point it’s rough integrating, especially such an early trainers switch. But also his appearance maybe works both ways, bit distant, lower in emotion, not understanding the speech. On the pitch connecting always helps, but maybe it’s a struggle for him as well. Who knows, there might be a bit of truth but it remains very suggestive. I still like him, but Jorge’s made very clear in everything that a striker will be on the menu in January.

6 Likes

I’m also glad I can finally watch a full afternoon game, so i’m hyped for that. Besides I fully believe that if we qualify for the Europa League, it’s the perfect challenge, this team needs, especially this season, to make something brilliant out of the remainder of it because the pressure for the top spots in La Liga is not there anymore, it’s already relieved, there are still expectations to climb but nowhere near as much pressure as last year. I believe this will create even more hunger for the Europa League, and a better performance than our latest seasons. I truly believe this is the perfect season to be able to win it all again.

5 Likes

This one million per cent.

2 Likes

Both Jordan and Suso…? I can only be pleasantly surprised.

1 Like

Both Jordan and Rakitic is more of a conundrum. Sampa is still in the experimenting phase, so let’s see.

1 Like

And Dolberg, so he can finally communicate in Danish? Good thinking Jorge.

1 Like

3 Likes

Huge match. Let’s get our first win in Europe! Vamos!

2 Likes

Today I really hope for Dolberg to shine and get confidence.

3 Likes