Summer 2022 Transfers Conversation

Paulo Dybala taking Roma on his back, the best class free transfer you could have gotten. Congrats to Roma for it even though they need to improve and had some though games.

Our turn to wait and see if Januzaj and Isco will be doing that.

Rayo Vallecano gets Raul de Tomas for 9m+4m. When he was mentioned with us, it was like 20m. Good deal for them.

I just want to wish Munir the very best for his future, I always really liked him, person and player. Terrific left foot that didnā€™t get enough play time in Sevilla.

2 Likes

Estadio deportivo saying reports out of Espanyol reveal that RDT was causing trouble in the dressing room with one, possibly two incidents during last season and suggesting it was the reason they received no offers.

2 Likes

i am happy with nianzou and think we made some great value pick ups but i am always expecting more youth from Monchi scouting department to get excited about. Kounde to barcelona proves that they can do it although the returns would have probably been greater if we sold him to chelse/premier league.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @MJattson ! You are right, it has been disappointing that we havenā€™t really gotten any new youth/investment signings since that first season Monchi was back. Letā€™s hope we can get back to the Sevilla of old.

2 Likes

Looks like we dodged bullets on RDT and Sadiq. Media reports say that RDT and his agent are incredibly difficult to work with, and heā€™s potentially a distraction in the locker room.

Sadiq just tore his ACL. Obviously thatā€™s nothing that could have been foreseen, and it sucks for such a promising player to get hurt, but at least weā€™re not suffering another injury on our squad.

5 Likes

Football No GIF by Apple TV+

I know absolutely nothing about the quality of reporting in this article, but this is fucking wild.

Am i missing something? How is Rayo still able to sign RDT? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The last paragraph of this article goes into it a little bit. Heā€™s ineligible to play until the January transfer window opens.

Calling Marcao ! Times up, you went down on the 24th diagnosed on the 26th and that means you should be training Friday at the latest.

4 Likes

Saw some folks on HastaLaMuerte suggesting heā€™ll be back more likely after the international break. Granted, it was an assertion not constrained by evidenceā€¦but that was the assertion, haha. Hoping itā€™s just the general depression going around these forums and not an accurate @Brian -esque forecast of demise for more time without MarcĆ£o.

1 Like

Not trained today, Something is seriously wrong here. Rumours flying around that his wife hates it in Sevilla and she is demanding a return to Turkey. Others saying that he now needs surgery.
Whatever it looks like money down the drain.

Yeah, Iā€™ll believe it when I see it. The stuff I read laid out how illogical it would be to push him into training right now just days before an international break when heā€™s clearly not going to be match ready for Sunday. I suspect heā€™ll start training while the international guys are away.

3 Likes

HBD to Monchi - turned 54 today.

We still believe in him, but this season has been quite a shock and the trust foundations are shaken.

1 Like

So I guess tactical analysis doesnā€™t have its own thread, but since this is about one of our new signings, Isco, thought Iā€™d share here.

Iā€™m not much of a tactics guys, but since I know some of you are, figured you might enjoy this thread, which quickly surpassed my understanding of tactics, but you all can tell me whether you buy his conclusions.

PS - All in Spanish, sorryā€¦

2 Likes

Whatever happened to blog posts? Twitter threads arenā€™t the medium for that kind of detailed analysis haha.

Yes. Then again, that analysis was better for a peer reviewed journalā€¦a bit too far into the weeds for my tastes. I wish I understood fĆŗtbol well enough to understand that stuff, but I also sometimes have a hypothesis that even 99% of the people who pretend to know are just speculating and drawing lines. I actually think that data analytics stuff out of Italy that I sent recently is promising for that reasonā€¦takes out the human tendency towards knowing the right answer. But, my data analytics friends would rejoinder that mode overspecification is basically the same thing, just that the code/regression/whatever is the one pretending to know the right answer rather than a insecure human being. Anyways,

#data > #twitterpundits

2 Likes

Something along the lines of Sabermetrics? If you have seen the movie Moneyball that technique/analysis transformed baseball. I wonder if something along those lines could be done with fĆŗtbol.