Sevilla vs Atletico - La Liga

Muriel had a great chance earlier, but decided to shoot it directly at the keeper instead of two a corner. He does that a lot.

like it that we have a starting 11. and great start. only need a goal now

Too bad that Starting XI just took a hit. Navas had to come off.

lets see what layun is made of

Damn that Banega nutmeg! wow

hope diego costa gets sent off and lose the game

what are rico and banega doing there???

Damn it. I hate that bastard. Banega fell asleep. :frowning:

N’Zonzi cost us the first La Liga match vs. Atletico, tonight Banega costing us the 2nd. It wasn’t meant to do well vs. Atletico in the league.

1 Like

Changes in the second half? I vote Nolito on for Correa quickly. Layun hasn’t done shit.

1 Like

Layun is not Sevilla material, should be sold or loaned out somewhere. Aleix Vidal is the solution for the RB. We’d then have 3 decent options for the right flank both offense and defense, Sarabia, Vidal, Navas… uff!

And maybe Roque Mesa for Banega.

Damn the shitty passing in the back bug caught Mercado too. Why didn’t Layun just pass it back to Rico?

F this ref man. How the hell was that not a PK? It’s the same damn thing. He grabbed Sarabia’s damn leg.

1 Like

When is Corchia back?

5th manita and counting…

Give number 5 shirt to Montella, he’s simply a genius.
Montella out.

I missed the game this weekend, but the result does not surprise me at all.

We had a heavy game against Man Utd midweek, and Ateltico were out for revenge after the cup quarter finals.

Before kick off I was going to say we need to rotate a bit for this game, but going with the same starting XI backfired on Montella. I hope lessons are learned from this.

Top 4 has gone, unless a miracle happens

Europa League at best for us next year

1 Like

Seems we brought in new additions in January but didn’t strengthen the team, last night was example and eye opener to what areas need addressing in the summer window, apart from Nzonzi & Banega there was little else to cheer about, after Navas went off the rb area was exploited on numerous occasions and Layun is clearly not the answer there, Vidal should be receiving a call to tell him to book his flight to Sevilla in July.
The normal stable (but at times shaky) Mercado & Lenglet partnership buckles under pressure and there is no composure when the pressure is on, too many schoolboy errors has and will cost us points. I have already said Nzonzi & Banega did their jobs but there is something missing going forward, which brings me on to Correa, a naturally talented kid who can develop into a worldy but right now he must do the simplt things, the trickery and holding the ball too long is holding us up and was a contribution to Atletico counter on more than one occasion, Sarabia didn’t have a bad game but he was restricted at times and had little space to pick up the ball and cut inside, inverted wingers are ok but when you facing a regimented defensive system that Simeone has created you need to be able to do something different or you can be punished for it as we all seen last night.
That brings me to our AM and striker, Vazquez is an obvious talent but a little too lazy for the way this team is setup in my opinion, and Muriel is no out and out striker, he does a great job of closing and pressing in the final 3rd but we are seriously lacking a punisher & natural goal scorer with a physical presence, for the amount of possession we had and the amount of times we broke into their area we lacked killer instinct.
Maybe we should try with both Muriel & Ben Yedder with Muriel sweeping across the back line and Ben Yedder doing what he does best and poaching the spaces from Muriel’s darting runs inside the 18 yd.

Conceding 5 goals at home is not good, to concede 5 at home 2 times already in 2018 shows the weakness in our game, how do we stop it happening again? That’s for the training ground, we have our own thoughts but only Montella and his team can repair the damage, they have some work to do now, I am just not sure he can with the players he has at his disposal

2 Likes

Montella says he will “not change approach”