14…and…counting

1 Like

Great work by Correa to win the PK and Navas for setting it up

Tucu the new penalty drawing GOAT.

Put Ben Yedder on to take it.

Or Banega works.

Finally. It’s about time Muriel

Nice one! Two quick fire goals!

Mercado is absolutely going to lead La Liga in yellow cards.

Banega is incredible

Fantastic win! A great 2nd half and we scored twice when we had our dominant spell. Once again we come on strong in the 2nd period.

Berizzo made the changes and it paid off. That’s 16 points from 21. Amazing start, we in 2nd spot and guaranteed to be on top 3 for international break but could be 2nd, if atletico slip up tonight at inform leganes.

Again, the first team players give another dynamic to the game and we end up winning. Not sure if a good strategy for long term, the season is too damn long.

Correa made up with that penalty for being quite selfish throughout the match. Beside that pass to Muriel in the first half, all the other attempts were either shots or trying to outplay 2-3 opponents at once, not wise.

This should’ve been a more comfortable win, sealing it in the first half, but a win is a win, and 3 important points were sealed.

Mercado has definitely stepped his game up. In overall the defense is tighter as it could ever be, at least vs. average teams like these. Not sure that we can say the same for the other ones as we see what happened with Liverpool… but the return match will show if we improved there, along with other matches like the ones vs. Valencia and Bilbao away coming up (huge matches), vs. Barca etc.

Not counting the one vs. Atletico as they play like that with everyone and bar the N’Zonzi mistake and that chaos to set Griezmann up for the second, we were quite solid… but that’s just the sneaky bastards of Atletico so can’t draw clear conclusions from that match.

We’re going into the international break peacefully, that’s what counts. Tough matches ahead, and we must be prepared.

Also, would like to see Geis have some serious playing time (had only 5-6 mins so far) and see what he is all about. Almost forgot that we loaned him, as he’s not even getting called up at all. CDR may be a good place to start though.

VAMOS MI SEVILLA!!! VAMOS CAMPEON!!!

1 Like

What a stupid time to kick off in Sevilla

Well that was the hottest temp I’ve ever seen football played, it was 33c/ 91.4f in the shade and felt double that sitting there in the full sun. God knows how the players coped with it,

Brian, it’s part of the war on Sevilla by Tebas, it was close to 40º inside and about 35º in the shade. That game should have been scheduled for evening kick-off. There are reports of people leaving the stands and fainting.

I was watching the Atletico game and thinking OK, after 20 minutes we’re just as good as them, so why don’t they just score a couple and get the obvious game over and done with, then we can look forward to the Maribor game. And so it was, except everyone blames Nzonzi for the first goal, he was pulled back in the instant of the back pass which lost all its power, but not to worry, Sergio Rico surged forward with sufficient bad timing to leave an easy goal for Carrasco. Oh well, it left me preferring a 6ft plank of wood planted upright in the middle of goal, surely it would stop more goals than Rico. Can’t we just buy an overweight Sumo wrestler to lay in the middle of the goal?

Maribor OK, except they were level of a 2ºb team, extremely poor, we should have made short work of them.

Then today, I was back from my travels but not confident of a victory. Really p*ssed with Betis just one point behind Sevilla, they’re so average and have had so much luck in their games. But the league is still crazy with 3rd bottom just six points behind third top.

Correa was great again, Banega made a big difference once again, though you have to admit he does lose possession in dangerous places. Cannot for the life of me understand the Correa substitution.

Navas is now an accomplished player with a lot of experience at the highest level and he’s shown that in his games this season, but today he was reverting to type and going for it when he should have been connecting play a little more.

Too many changes again though. So now there’s an international break or is there a cup game?

Atletico slip up at Leganés. Very poor performance by them. They offered very little in attack, Leganés should have won. 0-0

We go into the international break in 2nd! Happy day!

First intl. break then CDR. Atletico dropped points so now we’re sitting second for abou 2 weeks.

Thanks Leganes!

1 Like

Tim it was far hotter than 40c in the sun, over in the fondo where we sit it was pure torture. I did see an elderly lady carried out by an ambulance crew during the first half and noticed at the start of the 2nd that numerous people had not returned to their seats. We left 15 minutes before the end of the game, we just couldn’t stand it any longer.

1 Like

Damn… it’s kinda freezing over here in SE Europe especially at night but I can imagine the burning hot weather of Sevilla. It must’ve been also hard for the players, and then we watch them from the TV from our own clime.

When about will it be cooler in Sevilla, November/December or earlier?

Looks like the Barca game is suspended, an hour to kick-off and they haven’t opened the gates. I say they should be expelled from the league immediately and Sevilla will be league leaders.:grinning: