Sevilla FC vs Akhisar Belediyespor Europa League Game Chat

Here are my delayed observations from the game.

I can accept the odd defeat if Sevilla are playing attractive football and creating chances, but even better, we are attractive, getting results and not failing many chances, magic.

I was impressed that they didn’t ease off at 4-0 with another game on the horizon, credit to the team and spirit of the players.

When Sevilla are pinned back, Navas seems the only reliable outlet to advance the ball and the back 3 seek him out automatically. We really need Escudero.

I thought this game could be either make or break for both Mesa and Promes, and they did step up in a big way against a low quality opposition. The only problem I see with Promes is that he hasn’t been receiving enough possession. Vidal, apart from one or two dodgy moments started to look like the player he was before.

There were so many players that were complicated signings and finally didn’t arrive in Nervion, but in hindsight things have worked out quite well (Still lamenting the we didn’t get Krychowiak though) and I hear rumours that Alberto Moreno’s return is imminent.

Now, the only injury is Gonalons and he’s already running around and getting his touch with the ball.

2 Likes