Sevilla Atlético and Sevilla Academy News

Yeah putting it like that, that’s quite painful.

1 Like

It also doesn’t solve the issue that really our best Cantera players need to be playing third tier at worst (the level they were at last season!).

It’s better for them to be playing that level and still part of our setup so they can be called up to the first team bench if required, rather than loaning them out. I do think we might see Alfonso Pastor around the first team next season possibly as a Third keeper again, although I do worry about his and Alberto Flores nerves at the highest level.

And I’m not sure if this is even allowed in Spain, likely not, but I’ve seen teams in some leagues send their top tier players down to their 2nd team to help salvage the season. Another victim of our LaLiga relegation battle is that this isn’t even an option, whether allowable or not, because we can’t possibly spare much of anyone on the top team.

2 Likes

It’s not allowed in Spain.

1 Like

We could always send Rafa Mir to help… he’s useless in the first team anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Do you think we could unregister Rafa from the first team, enroll him in the academy? Asking for a friend…

1 Like

Sevilla Atlético took a valuable point in a 0-0 draw at Granada B. Interestingly and first time I’ve seen it but SAT wore a very nice Third kit yesterday.

Sevilla C drew 1-1 with Ciudad de Lucena.

2 Likes

Sevilla Atlético took a valuable point in a 1-1 draw with Cartagena B. They are 4 points off the Relegation Play Out spot and 5 off of the safety zone. A far better position than they were in a month ago.

Sevilla C somehow lost 3-1 to lowly Ayomente, not that it matters regardless. They will be in the Tercera regardless if Sevilla Atlético save themselves, and if they don’t they will be relegated to the Spanish Non Leagues no matter how high up the table they finish.

2 Likes

Only on the bench to start with but Nacho Quintana and Adri Peral were back in the Sevilla Atlético squad at the weekend. Two very vital additions at this crucial point in the season.

2 Likes

Both Sevilla Atlético and Sevilla C lost 1-0 this weekend.

1 Like

I guess only silver lining is that it seems the teams we’re chasing all lost too (except one tied)

2 Likes

1 point vs. Recreativo Huelva at home today.

1 Like

ooph… that’s not really enough is it? Recreativo in second, but we need wins not ties at home (and away).

if we weren’t desperate, that’d be a good point.4 points back from any chance of staying up… and just 5 games left.

2 Likes

Silver lining is that our final five matches are against the four bottom teams and one who is just outside of drop zone. 3/5 are at home… so that’s as favorable of a remaining schedule as we could hope for. but id bet we need something like 10 points out of a possible 15, and even that may not end up being quite enough.

4 Likes

Not sure where you got your figures from. SAT currently 6 points off safety, 5 off the relegation play out.

idk, maybe it was before the final games of the weekend were complete. rest of what i said still stands… we probably need 10-12 out of 15 points to have a shot at the play-out spot. seems a daunting task.

1 Like

SAT won 2-0 and are now 3 points off safety. Sevilla C won 2-1.

2 Likes

Sevilla Atlético play Xerez Deportivo who are one place below them in the table. Simply put it’s a must win.

Sevilla C face Cartaya who are in the bottom three.

1 Like

Enormous win against Xerez lifts us temporarily out of the drop zone!!

4 Likes

Talk about a tight middle of the table.

Look at the distance between second place and Sevilla Atlético, inches from relegation zone. Crazy tight race, which is actually a good thing for us, as it looks like our boys are hitting better form in sync with the first team.

1 Like