Sevilla Atlético and Sevilla Academy News

Sevilla Atlético Away to Atlético Sanluqueño tonight. Sevilla C Away to Xerez CD tomorrow.

SAT starting XI for today…

Adrian Gonzalez back in the Squad as sub Keeper, been injured since before the end of last season.

1 Like

SAT lost 1-0.

Sevilla C drew 1-1 in Jerez.

Sevilla Atlético play Cadiz Mirandilla (Cadiz B) who sit in the relegation play out spot, 7 points ahead of us, so a Win would be really really bloody handy right now.

Sevilla C play mid table Pozoblanco.

I saw Pedro Ortiz came on for Vizela in their last game, so good to see the lad finally starting to get some minutes and at a much more meaningful level than the Spanish Fourth Tier. I can honestly see him getting a main squad spot next season if he impresses in the next 3 months.

Given the clubs struggles financially I would not be at all surprised to see Pedro Ortiz, Ivan Romero and Alfonso Pastor as part of the first team squad next season in some capacity of it means the board can spend the limited funds we have on much needed areas.

1 Like

Sevilla Atlético Won 1-0. Sevilla C drew 1-1.

2 Likes

I noticed Sevilla C usually have the same kits as the first team without the sponsors logos, but seems they use a different red away kit this season.

Alfonso Pastor - Games 22, Conceded 16, Clean Sheets 10. (Castellon - 3rd Tier) - Goalkeeper.

Juanlu Sanchez - Games 25, Goals 1, Assists 1. (Mirandes - 2nd Tier) - RB / RM.

Antonio Zarzana - Games 4, Goals 0, Assists 0. (Numancia - 3rd Tier) - Winger.

Pedro Ortiz - Games 2, Goals 0, Assists 0. (Vizela - Portuguese 1st Tier) - CM.

Luismi Cruz - Games 22, Goals 3, Assists 4. (Barcelona B - 3rd Tier) - Winger

Kike Salas - Games 1, Goals 0, Assists 0. (Tenerife - 2nd Tier) - CB.

Jose Angel Carmona - Games 5, Goals 1, Assists 0. (Elche - La Liga) - RB / CB (yet weirdly Elche seem to mainly be using him as a Right Mid!!!)

Ivan Romero - Games 24, Goals 3, Assists 3. (Tenerife - 2nd Tier) - Striker.

1 Like

Sevilla Atlético are Away to top of the table Antequera this weekend.

Sevilla C are Away to Gerena, who are one place behind them in the Table.

1 Like

Riiiiiight ok… Sevilla Atlético beat Antequera who are top of the League 0-2. Not only are they top, but they are 17 points ahead of second. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Sevilla C drew 1-1 against Gerena.

2 Likes

Some highlights here…

1 Like

So, a victory last week leaves Sevilla Atlético a step closer to digging themselves out of relegation.

I suspect this may be the harder of the two Sevillas to avoid relegation, but there is certainly hope and the victory last week certainly helps breed the kind of confidence needed to keep things moving upwards.

Later today, the chavales play CD El Ejido, 4 points above SAT and inches outside the relegation zone. So for the club, you might say this weekend is a 12-point weekend, both home matches. Let’s VAMOS the chavales to victory.

PS - Spanglish is my native language these days, disculpen el inconveniente.

PPS - I can’t remember if it was @Rene1 or @Jeremy (long departed from the Forum, I gather…had a bird or something as his icon) who coined the term “Let’s Vamos”, but a Hat Tip to whichever of them had the stroke of Spanglish brilliance many years ago. It stuck with me.

4 Likes

lol not sure if i’m proud of it, but i’m pretty sure that was me.

indeed. let’s vamos!!!

2 Likes

Jeremy never migrated over to the new forum, but that throwback was on the old WordPress site anyway.

1 Like

SAT up 1 early. It’s on YouTube here in the US

1 Like

Well somebody track him down and tell him to rejoin. I left MM for a good 5 years or so only to return last year or so…maybe we can get him back on the horse.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. Watching now

1 Like

Now up 2-0. Estadio Jesús Navas nearly totally empty, but hopefully if we can pull off two victories in a row, that could change as we start to climb out of relegation zone

3 Likes

amazing! just turned it on. let’s vamos!!!

2 Likes

crap. failed counter, loose defending, defense didnt clean up rebound after a nice save and punished.

2-1. lets hold on guys.

3 Likes