Sevilla @ Athletic: Week 19

Part 2 of the trilogy. Munir joins us in the squad.

Here is the lineup:

Vaclík
Gnagnon - Kjær - Gómez
Navas - Sarabia - Banega - Mesa - Escudero
Ben Yedder - André Silva

Let’s get it.

2 Likes

We are so losing this…

I can’t lie, that’s a nice goal by Iñaki. Kjær is finished.

Williams scores. He is so talented. Would love to have that speed up top. Navas caught up field and everyone else was a bit lazy on the track back in defense and Williams nails it into the upper 90.

Williams didn’t score more than 2 years on Sam Mames, until now ofc…

1 Like

We aren’t playing well at all today

Broken discipline for a moment and they score. Apart from that, Sevilla need to be careful on the Athletic corners, then Sarabia and Ben Yedder will save us.

Almost on cue. That WBY-Sarabia linkup is becoming special.

1 Like

La LIga’s official instagram stated we have not won away to Bilbao for 8 seasons so I’m not expecting too much. For the goal I need a bird’s eye view of that, I think Gnagnon could have tried to block that pass but again he might have been too far away.

Is it me or is the ref a bit biased?

1 Like

I think the AB players are a bit soft and keep falling at any and all contact.

2 Likes

They’ve done us with corners for the last 8 years

1 Like

Yes Chris, Athletic are diving a lot, well they live by the sea.

1 Like

We were awful in that first half! They deserve the lead, we need an early response in the 2nd, as we not at it and not creating anything going forward.

Regarding the goal, apart from the lack of defence, Kjaer was guilty for not forcing Williams wide, he needs to put himself 60-40 inside to force Williams wide, but he got it wrong and Williams was invited inside to shoot. But at least Kjaer was there, while Gomez and Gnagnon were trailing behind.

We’re really not creating much but I think it will come. At the defensive end, we looked much more solid with Mercado in midweek. I think we ought to pull back the wing players to close up the defence and play through the middle on counter attacks with Sarabia, WBY and Silva.

Banega being man-marked all first half. Glad to see Mesa helping out in the buildup and not always charging forward. We ought to just leave Sarabia in the hole.

Oh dear, we’re a bit awful, some change needed.

I would put Amadou for Banega or Mesa, but I think it will be Promes for Silva.

Munir coming on, let’s see for who

All out attack. Machín tiene huevos

well shit