Sevilla at Girona: Matchday 35

People hate watching shit like this. That’s why so many people love EPL. The time wasting and diving shit are generally a lot less in EPL.

Banega with a really bitch move with the kick out. I hope he sits the rest of the season. He might have to with the yellow and red card suspension!

1 Like

I think it’s relatively the same with all teams fighting relegation. They were going for it in the 1st half.

Caparrós learned first hand what happens when you start off the game wrong. 2nd half team talks can’t fix everything.

But honestly the worst player in this match is Ben yedder. I’m not criticizing him as he can’t play lone forward while muscle off defenders.
Need Andre Silva in these kind of matches.
And please don’t start with the 2 Argentina midfield duo anymore ffs.

1 Like

I am absolutely furious about this result, not because we lost, because I could see it coming in the first 5 minutes, an incorrect lineup that clearly didn’t work, a clash of styles that needed urgent changes. I’ve seen us win games with 7 players playing below their normal level but this was entirely self inflicted, Girona were superior because we gave them all the space they needed to play their game.

3 Likes

Maybe this is a blessing in disguises . We’d probably just stay with mudo banega aka dumb and dumber if we squeak into champions. Monchi needs to overhaul and finishing in Europa league spots should make it more clear.

1 Like

On the brightside, La Real beat Getafe 2-1. But just shows how much of a wasted opportunity that loss was. Back to square one.

1 Like

Speaking of looking on the bright side, it’s clear that la liga don’t want Getafe in Champions, so it’s between us and Valencia, the penalty denied to Getafe was just too obvious, corrupt.

Also, Banega will probably never play for us again, another plus for the next three games, now Caparros needs to take Vazquez out of the equation.

2 Likes

You could see it coming after 5mins, I could see it coming & everyone except Caparros could see it coming.
Girona completely dominated the midfield, attacked us like terriers making us rush into making panic passes or hoofing balls up to Ben Yedder, who with the size of him is never going to win them.
There was only one team with the desire to win today and it wasn’t sevilla. The only player that deserves credit from this game is Vaclik who kept the score from being really embarrassing.

1 Like

I couldn’t watch the match - turns out to be a good thing that I didn’t watch it.

Thankfully Valencia and Getafe lost as well, but we could’ve used this to our own advantage, though this is obviously not in Sevilla’s dictionary and we like to complicate things as always.

I still think we won’t finish 4th but you never know. First we have to beat Leganes on Friday, step by step. Valencia has the most favorable schedule and if we lose one of the three while they win all their three matches we’re out of 4th. Getafe might lose to Barca away, but if Girona plays as you guys have portrayed them playing against us yesterday, then they’d take a result in Coliseum as well. Meanwhile, I don’t expect much from Villarreal.

Valencia’s only disadvantage is that they have to prepare the ties vs. Arsenal in EL and then the cup final vs. Barca.

1 Like