Sergio Rico

Rico was injured badly in Huelva after a wild horse ran into the horse he was riding. He’s got a bad head injury and is in serious condition.

1 Like

Just read about that… sad story. Hopefully he’ll be able to make a full recovery!

3 Likes

This is a critical week for Rico. They are going to try and bring him off sedation.

3 Likes

Rico still sedated and incubated. They are bringing him off sedation slowly to see how he responds.

4 Likes

Rico is now back under sedation as a precautionary measure. He remains in serious condition in the ICU. This week, they brought him out of sedation, he responded to some stimulus and squeezed his wife’s hand; however, the doctors felt it was best for his progression to be put back in a sedated state. :frowning:

3 Likes

At least some progress albeit small.

5 Likes

Great news today!

Rico is out of the coma and is conscious!

6 Likes

Awesome news!

4 Likes

WOW. what a nightmare its been this is such good news.

4 Likes

RT @lequipe Le gardien du PSG Sergio Rico « communique » selon son épouse

Some additional trickle of good news. Still seems like there’s a lot of unanswered questions that I am anxious to hear, but the fact that he has his memory is great news.

2 Likes

PS - Sorry, for the français. Stumbled on this while scrolling L’Équipe

1 Like

Sergio is out of the intensive care unit. Out of danger but recovering slowly.

4 Likes

Even spoken with some media first time doing an interview where I think after all he went through looks to be doing fairly well. God bless him.

5 Likes

Was also about to post the video. He looks skinny, but better than expected for months in the hospital. Think we can afford him as a backup keeper? I think most sevillistas would gladly pay his salary this season even if he’s not well enough to play. Heck, even if he never gets well enough to play, I’d be glad to payroll him for a season, just for his leadership and inspiration.

https://twitter.com/FranCamposv90/status/1692498322559214013?t=xNgEkUUSN6vYqbFlGRSPng&s=19

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/RCD_Mallorca/status/1692524744413716561

3 Likes