RSP Vandolized

Protests over the increase in season ticket costs. Prices have been raised 15% this season and folks aren’t happy about it.

Spain’s inflation rate is around 10% just for reference.

3 Likes

Have they given an explanation/reason for the increase in price? I think it’s a well-known secret that some companies are taking advantage of Covid and the war in Ukraine, raising their prices for no other reason than profit and then blaming it on those two factors. Sure, the club have to guard themselves against the price-increase around them, but going above and beyond the national inflation rate seems odd.

Do they think the extra 5% can be explained with “a better product (i.e. more entertainment value)”? I’d say the decrease in attendance last season beg to differ…

1 Like

In fairness the inflation is close to 10%, so I would understand a slight increase but 15% is too much in my opinion

1 Like

I can’t understand where the confidence of price increase comes from.
If I am a season ticket holder I’d definitely unsubscribe for a year given how boring Lopeball is.

3 Likes

That’s an overstatement. Maybe not as forward thinking football. And majority of those are real fans so they won’t unsubscribe.

Absolutely. A price increase is to be expected, but I wonder what they’re arguments are that the increase surpasses the national inflation.

1 Like

Somehow, I doubt the folks in the front office are losing sleep over the “anger” at the price increase. If the prices are unreasonable, people don’t buy season tickets. Looks like the prices weren’t unreasonable after all:

3 Likes