](https://twitter.com/ASRomaEN)

·

23m

🔴

Breaking news: #ASRoma will not travel to Spain for the

@EuropaLeague

match against

@SevillaFC_ENG

after the plane from Italy was not authorised to land in Spain. More details from UEFA soon.

Heard that on Sky Sports News before I left for work. Obviously far more challenging issues to deal with in the world right now of course, but this football season, particularly in Europe might as well be a write off now in my opinion. Serie A is definitely not going to get finished in its entirety that is for sure.

No football below the top two divisions guaranteed. Looks like the players unions etc are pushing for the Primera and Segunda to also be suspended too. Only a matter of time.

I would assume the UEFA Euro 2020 will be pushed back a year, or will they try a condensed schedule assuming things get back to normal before Mid-June?

Think there’s been a bit of an overreaction to this coronavirus personally.

Yes it’s a concern but is all this really necessary? This years football season is going to be a write off, especially in Italy.

It is now being suggested that the tie is played as a one-off knockout game in a neutral ground.

Unfortunately it is. The WHO just confirmed it as a global pandemic. Although it ain’t lethal to some, simply carrying the virus without showing symptoms can cause devastating effects. That’s why Italy is badly affected now.

1 Like

Not saying there isn’t a problem in some areas of the world, and Italy does have it bad compared to some. So the right decision has probably been made regarding the game.
However I still think we have seen an overreaction to something that probably isn’t any worse than the flu. Most of the deaths and cases have involved elderly people who are ill already.
Far more people die of flu and there are a greater number of cases and we don’t have countries in lockdown, football leagues being cancelled and people panic buying for toiket tissues. The world has gone mad and a lot of it is scaremongering whipped up by some of the media!

Not surprising. Not sure how this is gonna hey sorted out now. Will be interesting to see how europa deal with this situation now.

La Liga suspended for at least two weeks. Are we going to finish the season?

I guess we’ll have to wait for UEFA’s official statement on Tuesday. They’ll discuss about the leagues around Europe & Euro 2020.

I’m assuming the Euros will just get pushed till next year, and hopefully finish this season into the summer. If conditions worsen, i reckon this campaign will just get scrapped?

Sorry @Aduk92 but you are off base here. Here are some articles that should help provide some information. Please stay home when possible. This shit could take a year to level off:

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca?fbclid=IwAR2jQOkBvD8tJaONkiy_o9d2zJVba1wGoaaWHGUdR0QRnVEmECybX6QGVCo

https://www.linkedin.com/content-guest/article/notes-from-ucsf-expert-panel-march-10-dr-jordan-shlain-m-d-/

So players were giving the green light to train in Spain. Seems like they’ll all get tested? How do y’all feel about this?

1 Like

It seems that the main concern is economic, rather than health. Football should be scrapped until this thing is over and we can guarantee the players safety, then once again flock to the stadiums and cheer on our teams.

3 Likes

That’s a subject of much debate and derision here, people are noticing that the ‘government’ doesn’t want to use the ‘Tests’ that it has, for some unknown reason.

I can imagine la liga resuming, there’s nothing wrong with playing 7 games in 5 weeks and perhaps start 20/21 a bit later. But if France and now Italy are calling it over then the Spanish might have to fall into line.

It does. While at the same time the communists in power are inventing draconian measures of public control while the ‘estado de alarma’ is still in vigor. It’s all very strange.

2 Likes

It doesn’t make any sense to start again. Shortened season, plus Spanish heat = disaster.

3 Likes

That’s my feeling, but not for the heat, just to guarantee going straight to Champions, even though it is sad that we lose the best part of the season and the derby.

But where is the harmonization? Italy and France are season over, Portugal, England and Germany preparing to restart? It’s going to play havoc with the transfer markets, contracts and preparations for 20-21.

1 Like

Italy hasn’t ended its season as far as I know? Pretty sure teams are starting back training from next week.

1 Like

Correct but it’s in the balance, their sports Minister said 4 days ago ‘it would be better to just call it finished’.

Same in Spain, the players want it, the players association want it and la liga want it but the government are dragging their feet.

1 Like