Opinions on Lopetegui's Sevilla

I see that but it just says considering and it’s not clear cut. I think they contacted Sampaoli but we aren’t sure if he wants it or if anything agreed. For now there hasn’t been any announcement. He still there for now but let’s see for how much longer.

1 Like

touché Chris.

but maybe we have some Sevilla Juvenil goalkeeper coach who’s deserving of a look?

I find it funny how much emergency meetings are being held. And in the end, we just decide to give up any hope on the CL as well. Like what.

ooo it cost 12 million, but if you win 3 champions league games and make it out of the group then you are more than whole.

1 Like

Well, Lopetegui will be on the bench on Wednesday, the club are still in discussions with Sampaoli and are also hoping that Wolves contact them this week to ask to speak to Julen as that would mean they don’t have to pay any compensation so they are waiting a few days more but talks have been ongoing with Sampaoli, but I just feel his style of attacking play is not what we need right now, you need to have a strong defence or a box to box midfielder, they’re all 30+ and won’t fit his attacking style which will leave the door open for attacks and with this current squad I really don’t think it is the right fit. For me put a caretaker coach in place if you are going to sack him to if he leaves for Wolves and bring in Gallardo on Jan 1st.

4 Likes

I kind of agree. I don’t think these set of players will suit Sampaoli. Back in 2016 we had more quality up front with sarabia and Ben yedder as well. We had a younger squad then and had more pace.

Let’s see what happens but I’m not always a fan of managers going back. Let see!

1 Like

Gol TV in Spain reporting that there is a civil war going on at Sevilla FC tonight.
Apparently Monchi wants Lope to stay & Castro wants him out.

That is what I was also told about 40 mins ago, Monchi thinks it is the fault of the board for restricting the quality of incoming players due to low budget and Castro thinks prolonging his tenure as coach will have a negative affect on the team, the club and himself too from fan discontent. Not to mention the income from CL

2 Likes

Really surprised by Monchi in this case. We get it, he’s the one that brought Lope and he wants to defend his ‘signing’, but when is enough in Monchi’s POV? I mean, what standard has he set and how does he envision the coach position of Sevilla FC.

Castro much more reasonable if what Gol TV reported is true. It’s not just about the system anymore (which sucks and always has of course), but the team needs some fresh breath of air with a new coach… the fans too.

4 Likes

Exactly… Castro is right, not worth putting absurd money into a project that’s dead anyway. Move on and save it, for an actual idea for the future with the new and hopefully long term coach, Gallardo.

2 Likes

Imagine what happens if we somehow, all of a sudden win against Dortmund on Wednesday.

We’ll keep the impotent coach for at least 3 other matches, rinse and repeat - all because of Monchi’s stubbornness (if reports are true).

1 Like

Dortmund are volatile, so that’s that. But there is no way in heaven with our current mentality and physicality we beat any fit and motivated German team.

1 Like

Sampaoli apparently arriving on Thursday. One the better managers we have had. Great football to watch. We had a better younger squad in his first spell.

4 Likes

With the state the club is in we are very lucky to get a decent manager, it speaks a lot for Sampaoli, not many would want to risk their reputation trying to turn this round.
For the first time ever I have been disappointed with Sevilla and the boardroom for a series of errors, I don’t blame Monchi but I still don’t know exactly what’s gone on, so there’s time yet.

@shendm and plenty others have been saying for ages that we needed to properly re-inforce the central defenders with some quality backup, what happened there was criminal.

3 Likes

Won’t be satisfied until it is finally official - Lope is sacked and the new manager (Sampaoli in this case) signs the contract.

A lot can happen until Thursday and with the incompetency of this board and management this season, anything is expected.

1 Like

1 Like

wolves

3 Likes

That’s wonderful news for Sevlla if it pans out.

5 Likes

Great deal if it gets over the line. Sampaoli has a lot to do and it will be harder for him with the squad we’ve got now, but it’s sure to be exciting and we should be better to watch.

There will be some optimism again at the very least.

3 Likes

Wow didn’t see any of this coming

3 Likes