Opinions on Lopetegui's Sevilla

There’s always a risk for things to go wrong with literally anything in life. It’s often better to take those risks, sometimes there’s the possibility of calculation so in this case I think a short-term contract 1 or 2 years with Sampaoli wouldn’t hurt.

3 Likes

I Certainly liked the guys passion for sure!

3 Likes

@Monchi @Castro

Grow a pair and do the right thing tonight… tomorrow morning is already too late.

2 Likes

Lopetegui will not be on the bench on Wednesday, Sampaoli has already agreed to come back and finish the job he left when Argentina came calling. The Sevilla board had a meeting after the game, and after the fans reaction by staying behind to protest and chants of Lopetegui vete ya to the camera’s outside Gate 1 after the game a decision was made for the good of the club and the future too!
Expect the news tomorrow I have been told by a friend who is a journalist for ABC Sevilla

8 Likes

Interesting…
Wolverhampton Wonderers are considering the future of coach Bruno Lage, it was heavily rumoured in the summer the board were considering replacing him and one of the main names in the hat for the job was none other than Julen Lopetegui, current coach of Sevilla (not for long).
I wonder now if Wolves will make contact with Lopetegui, knowing they can bring him straight in, but I also hope if they do that there is a clause in Lopetegui’s contract that means Sevilla do not have to pay him the full €12m severance payment if he becomes employed straight away.
And also, do Sevilla know something about Lage job hanging by a thread, and of Wolves interest for the Sevilla coach, because if Lopetegui is dismissed him from his duties at Sevilla he would be able to take up the offer to become Wolves next coach if Lage gets sacked and then (subject to contract) Sevilla would not have to pay the full settlement on his contract…Well I hope it ends up that way :wink:

1 Like

I’ve got a feeling this thread will get to 1000 before it goes dead.

1 Like

Sampoali
Happy Thanks GIF

2 Likes

I dunno, Sampaoli wouldn’t be on the top of my list with the current problems we are facing. He will certainly be a fresh breath of air and might win back the RSP with his passion and his demands of the players.
But he is given a shaky defence, a slow midfield and probably not alot to work with during the January-window - not exactly the type of team I would characterise as a Sampaoli-team.

But what do I know…? I’ll just take any change right now.

6 Likes

The press are saying he’s out but not shouting it from the rooftops which means they’re still not 100% sure. The one thing I don’t want is Marcelino but I think he’s already discarded. Sampaoli would be great and I’m sure he could rescue this team.

Yesterday was brutal to watch, not just for the football, for the players who looked so dejected, they’ve had all their confidence drained out of them.

3 Likes

Has he gone yet? :pray: :pray: :pray:

1 Like

I’m hearing that they looking for a replacement but it won’t be easy to get one with these block of games coming. There’s the possibility he keeps his job as a lame duck as simply we can’t line up a replacement in time. It depends if Sampaoli or whoever wants to come soon.

1 Like

What a total mess this season is. The front office and Monchi continues to make it worse.

4 Likes

Super-pathetic management - ruining the club for good.

Make the fucking decision already! You’re at least 2 seasons late anyway so nothing to lose now.

Brutal. Better to put in the atletico coach as a temp than to let lope continue as a lame duck coach.

Bruno Lage has been sacked by Wolves. Shall we all chip in and get Lopetegui a one-way ticket to Birmingham?!

1 Like

I feel like Lope could do with a break. From one sinking ship to another lol. I think some distance from football will help him. The money isn’t the thing, the ambition and passion isn’t there either. Why would he bother joining Wolves, he doesn’t strike me as eager for such a job.

ugg they are bottom of the table in the 4th division - not sure that’s a good option.

2 Likes

It looks like he’s staying for now. I mean he could go tomorrow. However, at this point we got to assume he’s staying for Dortmund match on wed?

Lope being sacked and replaced by Sampaoli apparently…

Caparrós could be the caretaker manager before Gallardo in January, it’s a possibility. Otherwise it could be Sampaoli on a 2 year contract.

1 Like