Nyland

Watched the Norway v Spain game tonight. Spain only had 3 shots on target and all 3 beat Nyland, he didn’t get close to saving any of them. Lucky for him 2 of them were ruled offside.
I can only hope that Alonso was watching and that Dimi is fit for Saturday, otherwise it could get rather embarrassing.

3 Likes

He is absolute pony… As I said before as a cheapy to help build the squad elsewhere I don’t mind the signing. But the geezer shouldn’t be starting for us I’m sorry. He looks so bloody awkward when he dives or smothers the ball, and for a tall fella he scares the shit out of me every time he tries to claim a cross.

4 Likes

Yeah he’s like Vaclik, pretending to be a goalkeeper.

Also I’m a disc on repeat but that game is another example of how shit the var is. 10 full minutes of interupting the game to look for reasons that were not there.

They probably want Haaland in the tournament, for extra publicity but Norway is too bad and Odegard can’t carry it.

1 Like

How Spain got away with that Scotland goal disallowed is criminal. Simon wasn’t saving that regardless.

Damn we already comparing Nyland to Vaclik?? :joy: :smiling_face_with_tear: (also a national team GK btw)

I’m still in the diminished camp that thinks he should keep starting. Dimi was starting to improve, but it always feels like i’m just waiting for the next blunder.

Regardless of who starts, that defensive core in front of the keeper needs to get sorted. That means getting Bade his CB partner, be it Gattoni, Nianzou or Marcao, and for Soumare to get more minutes ahead of Fernando, and not playing in tandem with him.

2 Likes

Come on now Edi… Even San Marino, Gibraltar and Liechtenstein have “national team GKs”. :wink:

honestly he does have bad performances, but on his day he can be great. personally i think hes been fine these past 2/3 games for us

3 Likes

No, that was exactly my point. Even Vaclik was a national team keeper, so it don’t mean much. But he’s a separate case cause he even lost his spot some time after the injury.

1 Like

The rumble around Ramos already starting tho. Rumours of him acting not like, one of the players, as he promised. But demanding more playing time to go to qualify himself for the Euro2024.

A three back with Badé Ramos Marcao is the best solution in my opinion. And Juanlu and Pedrosa on the wings giving them more back up and more room for attacking intensions… And fill the rest however you like, three strikers, or two and and an attacking mid when Mariano is eventually fit. Enough options.

At least that’s what I would do, some sort of 3-4-3, 3-4-1-2.

4 Likes

As I’ve said many times, not much of a tactician, but I love that lineup, assuming the Míster (Spanish spelling) gets comfortable that he’s got three solid center backs. I actually think he may have 4-5, but let’s not get greedy.

2 Likes

I like that lineup too, I just hate that Gudelj isn’t in the lineup. He’s become a favorite.

2 Likes

That lineup is pretty good to be fair. Until Marcão’s hammy gives up chasing an attacker 12 minutes into a game anyway.

2 Likes

Yup I also believe that we should be careful putting to much faith in Marcão. I do like the believe Edi had in from what I heard from the podcast. But it’s almost impossible to rely on a player as injury prone as him since he arrived. I’m fearing any competitive duel he will go in or tackle he makes has a next injury written all over it. But I hope I’m wrong.

One thing I was taught and believe to be true is if you are afraid of getting injured, youre more likely to get injured. In duels, landings, weird positions, if you enter or hesitate your body will take more damage then if you go in hard and and with faith. I think smashing bricks like in Karate is somewhat of a comparison.

3 Likes

Don’t worry, Sergio Ramos ain’t going to last a full season worth of games. Gudelj will still be appearing, no doubt. And as we know, the Marcão telenovela is surely not over.

3 Likes