New Ramon Sanchez-Pizjuan!

Hey guys, Sevilla announced renovations plans for RSP!

3 Likes

I really don’t like the look of the roof, but aside from that, it’s awesome! I’m excited. I guess that means I gotta plan another trip to Sevilla to see RSP antiguo before it is torn down

3 Likes

I have my doubts that it will ever happen, but it looks pretty. I can’t imagine a himno with a roof.

3 Likes

This will most definitely be the coolest stadium in the segunda divisiĂłn :sunglasses:

Jokes aside, is there really a need for a new stadium?

4 Likes

Do you think this announcement is the board trying to save their jobs?

4 Likes

In all honesty I don’t see the need either and I feel that they are trying too hard to make something to give people the idea that they will create something that will make more commerce and generate more income.

An everyday open Mall with food courts, cafes and events, I mean sure, you can present it as something generating a ton of money an estimate the club to prosper like that. But will it really.

Also it’s Spain, and hardly any stadium is full full. There are games where it is, but on average being down 10.000 under your limit does not scream the need for a new stadium either.

There is the trend that with a new stadium sure you attract a new bunch of people excited for the new experience and the numbers will rise but I really think we should be careful to not become the next Valencia with their Nou Mestalla. Especially with our current state it looks irresponsible to go for this.

Neither am I a fan of the roof. Kinda hideous and suffocating. Seen so many designs pass lately for example the one with the tilted round upper ring, looked better.

3 Likes

I’m not sure of the need, but RSP was built in 1959 making it 64 years old. It is one of the oldest in Spain. Others around the same age have either been replaced, or are being replaced.

I haven’t been inside the stadium since the last update so I imagine that it has improved immensely; however, it is missing many modern amenities that attract younger audiences and big tournament games. I also think that the roof is going to be a huge factor dealing with the heat of Sevilla getting hotter in the future.

@Brian and @sevilla_spurs can probably speak about how necessary it is.

3 Likes

There is already a shopping mall next to the stadium and at least 20 cafes/bars surrounding it so I don’t know how much income the extra facilities would bring to the club.
The only thing I would change is for some kind of roof placed over the stadium. This is needed because as well as roasting in the sun during the early start games, the days that it does rain in Sevilla always seem to coincide with a home game. :smiling_face_with_tear:

6 Likes

Whether this happens or not I really like the look of the design I’m not going to lie.

3 Likes

Hi guys, well as much as I like the appeal of having bars etc around the stadium I am not sure it will work to the extent of being a viable profitable existence, there are already 20+ bars in close proximity of the stadium, there is a shopping centre 20 metres from the mosaic with cafe’s and cake shops, and as yes a roof is a long time overdue as those in the fondo get cooked or soaked , just not sure the latest design had too much consideration and could have had a bit more imagination rather than a rectangle with a rectangle cut out of the middle, I have seen to many concept models and they all looked a lot better than this but I guess we will have to see…

5 Likes

:smiley:

https://x.com/FernndezRaul/status/1731914634267971956?s=20

2 Likes

Also could be trying to keep up with the joneses and not letting :poop: get a leg up on us as they are doing works on their stadium right now too

3 Likes

Sounds like they might be rethinking the design of the roof. Del Nido dispuesto a cambiar la cubierta del nuevo Estadio - Vamos Mi Sevilla

1 Like

Oh good. That roof does not look good in my opinion

1 Like
2 Likes

It looks very impressive, interesting roof design, meaning games in the summer will be played in the shade. Not sure what to think either. The RSP looks pretty cool now. The surrounding area has dozens of bars and the Nervion shopping complex has plenty of space to accommodate fans etc. Ive never seen a roof design like that before, some will love it and equally i guess some will hate it…

2 Likes

I don’t underatand what they’re discussing, lack of spanish knowledge. All I thought about was: if you’re going to make the roof flat, why not fill it entirely with solar panels? Seville usually has enough sunlight to tap into

1 Like

For all those reading the same comments I am about how “weird” the stadium roof is. Have you ever heard of the Super Bowl or the Miami Dolphins. 2019 super bowl was played here:

And if that’s not proof enough, here are two other major stadiums with similar roofs:

Anyhow, agreed that it really ought to have solar panels, although I imagine that would be added later because they’re quite unattractive.

I also think eventually they should make it retractable to shelter fans from the heat, not just the sun. Those August games must be killer.

2 Likes

I would prefer a different roof but the rest seems alright. I’m not sure I like the striped facade

1 Like